What did you Learn Trading the ES today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MACD, Sep 18, 2019.

1. MACD

MACD

Before today's Fed announcement (Wednesday 9-18-2019) and after what did you learn?

upload_2019-9-18_11-34-23.png

2. MACD

MACD

Later (1.5 hours after fed)

upload_2019-9-18_12-21-32.png

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Don't get married to the small time frame...keep an eye on the larger time frame too...

Today's price action gave a nice reminder about such via the 15min chart time frame.

wrbtrader

CharlesS and MACD like this.
  4. MACD

MACD

Bravo
    Agreed
    Doubt others here know anything about what you just posted
    Thanks @wrbtrader

5. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I thought it would go down more than it did. I exited short during Powell presser as I knew in advance a cycle low was near. I'm not going long. Waiting for next cycle high to go short. High due around Sep 24.

Clipboard01.jpg

MACD likes this.
  6. imjohn

imjohn

I traded 935-1330 EST. On Fed days I log off at 1330.

Only one valid signal today (per my plan), which triggered around 1030 EST and eventually hit target around 1PM. Don't think I learned anything "new", but every trading day is a chance to build or further reinforce good trading habits. (e.g. stick to plan, don't do anything impulsive, etc.)

MACD likes this.
  7. SteveM

SteveM

I learned that is becoming increasingly apparent that the FOMC press conference has become more important than the FOMC press release itself.

At least since Powell has taken over as Fed Chair.

8. MACD

MACD

Thanks -- great point.

9. volpri

volpri

Nothing.

10. Overnight

Overnight

I learned that swing trading is a real pain in the ass, and that Powell should feel lucky the markets are not punishing him more.

#10     Sep 18, 2019