What did Cramer do to have the SEC restrict his trading???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jay90210, Sep 28, 2005.

1. i have read that he is worth over 300 mil. dont remember where.

#21     Sep 29, 2005
  2. his hedge fund wasnt big enough to have earned him this much, must have been some side gigs :)

#22     Sep 29, 2005
  3. moonpi

moonpi

I've read before that his hedge fund was at 300 million, or that at one point the returns on it for a year, total, earned 300 million (with a 60% year, which I think was the best I've read about that would mean a fund 500 million in size), dont think he's worth 300 mill though.

#23     Sep 29, 2005
  4. According to The Times magazine story some time back his net worth was around 50 million.
    10 million is his holdings worth in thestreet.com out of that.

#24     Sep 29, 2005
  5. ===========
    Maybe about right and;
    most sanguine personalitys are outgoing like him with
    an animated and not small ego.

Read earlier this week many of his calls 2000 thru 2005;
    Jim is fun to watch & has fundamental
    and technical work habits, mostly in that order.

Like that elitetrader wrote,
    call Jim toll free he wants to talk to you:D :cool:

#25     Sep 29, 2005
  6. lol, to be worth 300 mill hed have to have made 600 mill and thats not counting what he spends.

doubt it.

#26     Sep 29, 2005
  7. genomik

genomik

as far as I can see.

He had Spitzer on his special show and they worked together years ago. I imagine that Spitzer would be wary of going on his show if he were scamming. Cramer scamming could ruin Spitzers political aspirations. He would not let that happen.

I have listened to him alot lately and find that he gives me guidance that i further refine for some good trades. I would never expect anyone to be a 100% or they would rule Earth. He has made some bad suggestions, but if you have stops.....

I have been trying to get my girlfriend interested in stocks and Cramer really helps. You do need to really watch alot though to get small changes he often makes, but thats ok cos I change often too.

I think that he alerts people to trades he is going to make before he does and is not really about making himself rich trading stocks.

After all, why be greedy after you have 50 million. You cannot even spend it. My guess is he wants to have a legacy AND honestly wants to empower the average investors, many of whom were burnt badly in 2001. He waorks hard and has encyclopedic knowledge. If more average investors and real estate money goes to the market and also to The Street and wins in the Market everybody WINS.

#27     Oct 3, 2005
  8. After all those years of trading, I can see why he would gladly give it up to write the books and have his own TV show. Lots of money and you just get to talk and be yourself, no trading risks anymore lol.

Imagine you already have millions. Dump it all in treasuries and make high 6 figures running your own show and feeding your own ego to be a star. His show attracts a lot of sheep to the market so that is good ;)

#28     Oct 3, 2005
  9. Babak

Babak

dude, they were roommates in Harvard.

#29     Oct 3, 2005
  10. #30     Oct 3, 2005