What defines an "Edge".

Discussion in 'Trading' started by redbaron1981, Mar 29, 2015.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Depends on the edge.

#41     Mar 30, 2015
  2. Yea that was the whole point of my post actually.

#42     Mar 30, 2015
  3. zdreg

zdreg

this an excellent thread ex-your trash talk. there is more to be gain from an open forum because insights can come from anywhere. learn the art of skimming

#43     Mar 30, 2015
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Marketsurfer makes me feel trashy. :)

#44     Mar 30, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  5. Gringo

Gringo

My good looks are an edge. This edge helped me find a life partner who can easily support me and the family. I maximized the profit potential of this edge by using it while the odds were most favorable and before the edge faded away.

#45     Mar 30, 2015
    jytrade, lucysparabola and dbphoenix like this.
  6. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

I did not know the government cared how one looks.
    Sorry, but.....

#46     Mar 30, 2015
  7. #47     Mar 30, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.
  8. fortydraws

fortydraws

Is it any wonder so many fail at this endeavor when the instinct of the many seems to be to ignore shared language and the meaning of words (acting as though words have no meaning other than what any individual chooses to attribute to them) and then furthermore to ignore the existence of the branch of mathematics known as probability and statistics?

If one knows the definition of "edge," then one should be able to identify whether he or she has an approach or method that provides an edge. If, on the other hand, one simply wanders around wondering "is this an edge? Is that an edge?" then one will ... simply continue to wander and wonder.

#48     Mar 30, 2015
    zupcon and dbphoenix like this.
  9. DB Phoenix likes this post? He likes the very things that destroy his claims and total market philosophy? Bizzare.

The price action folks use the terms "probability and statistics" but fail to post any proof other than repeating the terms to appear learned. When real statisticians apply the science to TA or price action-- the results indicate no edge. You just can't use these terms without backing up your words with the tests that prove them.

Here comes the meaningless anecdotal evidence, personal attacks, and ridiculous claims. Get ready!

#49     Mar 30, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Hardly.

Again:

The edge begins with the knowledge one gains through his research and testing that a particular market behavior offers a level of predictability that provides a consistently profitable outcome over time (from Douglas).

#50     Mar 30, 2015