What could be a catalyst for a 20-30% rally?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neutrino, Feb 18, 2009.

1. =============================

Another catalyst, or a series of them, 50% off sales.
    Seeing graph of more than a few bear markets changing trends;
    around 50% peak to valley.:cool:

As far as ''would create zombie banks'';
    some of the bigger bank managers seemed to already have reached that low level goal-LOL:D

So you made some neat points, but without new big bank [ & GM.....]managers, big capital really will not help [Character means more than collateral, both are important]

Excellant collateral [ real estate ] in the hands of a crooked [character-lacking] bank manager or bank borrower, simply gets trashed.Then its no longer excellant collateral, its trashed collateral.........................................

Best of times & worst of times.:cool:

#31     Feb 19, 2009
  2. Only time will solve this mess completely.

Things gov't do stop the fall, but a complete recovery will take time.

#32     Feb 19, 2009
  3. Aren't you contradicting yourself here? If inflation is on the horizon (which it is), then cash most certainly would NOT be king. Anything BUT cash would be king.

#33     Feb 19, 2009
  4. He was right?! Inflation has increased more than expected as per the news today. Temporary? Maybe. But increased nonetheless.

#34     Feb 19, 2009
  5. That would be my first guess and probably the right one.

Second would be something like a 1 year moratorium on all taxes. They can call it "A super duper love your gracious leader check". Then we can all kneel and bow to our messiah.

#35     Feb 19, 2009
  6. Yup producer prices rise and euro surging, but for some reason stocks still lower. This isn't justified. the dow should be up 200 points at least given this good news.

Yes jobless claims are high, but they have stabilized. Double digit unemployment isn't likely to happen,and even if it does it isn't necessary bearish since spikes in unemployment precede massive bull markets.

#36     Feb 19, 2009
  7. To put it simply. No. Just no. But I would like to know who your coke dealer is. He's feeding you some good stuff. You don't know what you're talking about. This wont last 7 years. This will be over faster than you dingbats can cover your shorts.

#37     Feb 19, 2009
  8. lpchad

lpchad

eProps. You speak the truth....

#38     Feb 19, 2009
  9. lpchad

lpchad

I'm long stock_trad3r to 10,000+

(as in posts)

:p

#39     Feb 19, 2009
  10. I am not as bullish as you but I definitely agree this recession will be shorter than most bears want us to believe. Certainly it will be shorter than S2007S is predicting. Recessions breed this type of panic and negative thinking. During every single recession there are always people believing "this is the big one", "this is the one that brings us back to the depression".

I am sure the bears will reply to this post with their reasons why this is in fact "the big one" that won't recover for x amount of years but again, every single recession breeds the same type of thinking.

#40     Feb 19, 2009