What compels Losers to share..

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Ripley, Jun 29, 2006.

1. If you are winner...then the only way to lose, is if your edge stopped working. If you were not compounding all of your money and spent some along the way, then when you lose ...you do not lose.

Then all you gotta do.... is go back into development mode and start sharing again.

ET has a free guest list to share with and if you read anything in ET you know its gotta' be true.

Try helping others with your newly found Wisdom.

Excuse me, I gotta go take PIP movement...

The Pathetic Loser
    ArchySavant

#21     Jun 30, 2006
  2. Most daytraders (actual and wannabees) are utterly obsessed with the IDEA of being a Trader: Shorting this and longing that ("Hit the fucking bid!!")...

The fact that they either don't have the money to do it, or can't figure out how to become profitable and/or can't get a trading job that isn't P/L-based compels them to come onto these boards to, for at least a brief period, be identified as a Trader.

Part of the ethos of that sell (to us, readers) is to make it believable and it's much easier to be believed if you say you've lost rather than won.

#22     Jun 30, 2006
  3. Misery loves company.

#23     Jun 30, 2006
  4. 99% agree... its not only daytraders. I would go as far to say that most net losers have this train of thought. Ego is the killer...always has always will be.

#24     Jun 30, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from sgsaxton:

As in the case of the "I lost $400k" thread, a few people where very quick to call the poor guy a liar and an idiot.

Because it had to be said. Today we live in a world where schools using pink or yellow color for your F, because they don't want you to be offended with red!!! But at the end of the day, you still just got an F, and failed.
    Seriously and objectively, the guy is either a liar for making up that story or an idiot for blowing so much so fast without any plan.
    If he did so, he is/was a gambler and not a trader and he has a few issues beside losing in trading, as it was pointed out.

However, had the amount in question been $20k then there would have been little doubt as to whether his story was true.

True. Because we can look at losing 20K as getting an education, but I am sorry, 400K, you can get 3 Harward degrees for that...

Why? Because $400k, to MOST, is a huge amount of money and in their opinion only an idiot would lose it in two months.

Why? You don't agree? Well, if it was small change for him, why is he whinning, if it was big money for him, he is an idiot...

a gambling problem was disclosed which, in my opinion, underpins his entire story.

Well, if so, he got an opinion/diagnosis from us, now he knows where to get help. So we were actually helping him pointing out his mistakes.

Or, we could have been very "understanding" and saying things like: "oh, sorry bro, I feel your pain" and "it happens to everyone, next time it will be different". Then the guy when he gets his hands on more money will blow it again.

I prefer reality, but hey, I live in the real world...

#25     Jun 30, 2006
  6. i wouldn't believe it either if i didn't exp it. it seems so far fetched but till you're in the cock pit and feeze you have no idea how it feels. i kep thinking tommorrow will be better but it never came. as i recall reading i thought ripley as had some tough times in the past?

#26     Jun 30, 2006
  7. With all due respect, some guy who just lost 400k would hardly have the energy to respond when getting flamed on a board of such little consequence.

#27     Jun 30, 2006
  8. Cheese

Cheese

The unsorted, unfiltered and predestined fate of all or most is struggle & losing.

You have to change this. That means YOU.
    Or you just rationalize your relegation in life (life you can say is not about winning, its about xy or z instead .. there are a zillion types of veneer you can put on as your cover for not getting to the top tier.)

So the true and hidden identity of the mass is losing. This accounts for all the various threads on 'How I completely f**ked myself up the butt'. Often you can see the relish in the woe and in the expressions of solidarity with the woe victim.

So bottom line: simple, you can make the difference when it is YOU.
    :)

#28     Jun 30, 2006
  9. mxjones

mxjones

I agree with a lot of what you say, but not that the "predestined fate of all or most is struggle & losing."

There is nothing predestined about it - BUT, it is embedded in most of us through low self-esteem, negative thinking, low self-image. When this is what you tell yourself for years, it becomes self-fulfilling.

Read The T.A.D. Principle. It has some great discussions around this.

#29     Jun 30, 2006
  10. OXTrader

OXTrader

I believe the 400k Poster is a fake.
    This person has very little postings to their name, and has just signed up.

Also, the poster calls themselves "hedge" something, obviously something they know nothing about.

#30     Jun 30, 2006