What Cho learned in the English Dept at VA Tech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheDudeofLife, May 10, 2007.

1. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Consider the source!

Joe.

2. Phyllis Schlafly is a American conservative activist who is anti feminism. It looks like Va Tech's English Department is infested with radical feminists.

A good book which discusses the changes in America's higher education system influenced by left wing politcal forces is The Closing of the American Mind, by Allan Bloom.

3. I hope the idiots that are teaching this crap realize they contributed to the Cho shooting.

4. ===============
    Good points,Dude of Life;
    we learned lots of King James Version ,elizabethton English,
    in our OLD public school English class.
    ===========================================

Also read in a news report, he studied a class ,VA Tech's about horror movies, and Investors Business Daily noted [paraphrase]they had a staff which was clearly opposed to NRA policies & JPFO[Jews for Possession of Firearms Ownership].
    ==============================

In other words a perfect storm of stupid choices, all of which have consequences.

5. Those classes sound a hell of a lot more interesting than any English class I've taken. I'd probably get in a lot of arguments with the instructors, but at least it wouldn't be boring.

Anyway, I utterly fail to see the connection between nutty postmodern leftism and murderous violence that Schafley seems to think doesn't even bear explanation. While there may be a violent wing at the extremes of leftist philosophy, it hardly seems well represented in the Virginia Tech course catalog - even the parts that this article cherrypicked and took out of context to make them look as bad as possible.

A tempest in a teacup.

Martin