What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ddog, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Plenty of blame to go around and yes the dems did promote fannie and freddie to buy buy buy

but,

as far as the merrills, goldmans, lehmans and bears of the world are concerned...

the government didn't require them to do what they did and get leveraged to the hill with shit paper.

So that's nobody's fault but stupid executives at these firms.

Fannie and Freddie could have gone under and none of this would have been a big deal, but what these idiots did at the investment bank level was beyond comprehension.

#11     Sep 27, 2008
  2. What caused this crisis is very simple: lack of respect for leverage. Both by homeowners and by banks.

#12     Sep 27, 2008
  3. a perfect storm of greed, selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility... our culture of entitlement, pandering politicians who socialized credit, gluttonous & reckless financial institutions trying to wring every last penny from conditions, and deadbeats wanting to live beyond their means.

#13     Sep 27, 2008
  4. Lenders were forced by regulators to place bad loans. They had to survive so they sold off the risk. I blame that on the Rhodes Scholar that was in the White House, the first black pres.

The people that bought all that worthless paper are some first class idiots, first class for sure... highly educated like the first black pres. too...

personally I don't think the bailout is going to work for very long, the overall leverage is so incredible that I don't think anybody can fix the problem... I was going to trade my way out of my current situation and I can do that unless they pass a tax on the transactions. This brings up the question of intent... did they intend to do this? Destroy the American economy and kill off speculation? The guy that is proposing the transaction tax says that it's intent is to get a little piece of all the longer term trades and inhibit short term ones.... there must be a philosophical basis for his thinking.. his desire to kill off short term trading... I really hope he fails.. I sent emails to all my congress people explaining how they would kill off liquidity when the bailout is supposed to increase it, and how they would lose tax revenues.......

#14     Sep 27, 2008
  5. well said.

#16     Sep 28, 2008
  6. #17     Sep 28, 2008
  7. Bootsie

Bootsie

Indeed...

Maybe this is a perfect time to pruge an economy sustanined on shopping and home ownership...

and put it on a path towards investment, infrastructure, health care and R&D...

B

#18     Sep 28, 2008
  8. the answer

is RICH WHITE people

#19     Sep 28, 2008
  9. What a shitty video ddog, republican propaganda. I also think most people in this forum know way better what caused the crisis than the BS peddled in that video.

#20     Sep 28, 2008