What catalyst transformed you to a successful trader?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Worldcrusher, Feb 22, 2007.

1. duard

duard

Saran wrap over the monitors every morning.

A heavy bag in the corner when the squeeze is on.

Virtual brawling.....

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. duard

duard

Afternoon's have been dogshit lately...

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. I second that!!

#13     Feb 22, 2007
  4. duard

duard

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

OK you're right......

#14     Feb 22, 2007
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I'll work on that.

#15     Feb 22, 2007
  6. Shiiiiiiiiit.. I beg to differ. Do you know how hard it is to explain an Option Arm to an Engineer? Engineers are the most stubborn people to work with. They don't understand that a mortgage can be a good debt in order to leverage money. All they is that it is debt and needs to be paid off...

Finance majors are incredibly difficult to work with too, they think they know everything. Yeah, you can read a chart, so what, but can you analyze it?

#16     Feb 22, 2007
  7. Catalyst?????

Why would there be a catalyst?

Where are catalysts used anyway?

Day 1 as you look at a chart (I made my own in 1957), it says three things to you:

1. You only make money with price change.

2. You have to be in the market to make money.

3. All the money you want can be delivered to you by the extent of your participation.

After this, effectiveness, efficiency and optimization set in.

What drives this consideration is the market requirement that you always have to be on the right side of the market.

This single principle and operating technique gives you the entire basis for making money in your trading activity. That is your segments of taking profits. Each time the market ends a trend, you take profits and begin the next trend, simultaneously.

There is no catalyst to expect to have arrive on your door step.

You look at the market and you SEE three things:

1. price changing

2. an account for being in the market

3. and money pouring out of the market all of the time.

Quants, of course, are there looking for leaks, small leaks called anomolies.

So you have probably ask yourself:

Who is jack hershey?

Where did he come from?

These are two indicators. They tell you that you are using a different paradigm, called conventional orthodoxy, than I am using called pool extraction.

That leads you to the answers to the above Q's.

I am a weirdo and I come from outer space, probably in the terminology of your paradigm that you are locked into hoping for a catalyst to show up.

On the other hand, it may be possible that pool extraction is a way to monitor, analyze, make decisions and do timely actions.

It is your call.

There is no catalyst unless you are in need of stopping what you are doing in the conventional orthodoxy in order to get with making money instead.

#17     Feb 22, 2007
  8. I KNEW it!!!! :D

#18     Feb 22, 2007

9. LOL...... very good one....

#19     Feb 22, 2007
  10. Excellent Commentary.............................

austinp wrote.........

I'll give a serious answer, while waiting impatiently for some short trades to work:

#1: The realization that trying to forecast = predict = guess future price action was worthless, and actually detrimental to success.

#1A: Learning to measure price action and let the markets show what is most probable to happen next.

Wasting time trying to predetermine future price action is exactly that... a total waste of time. Learn to measure price action correctly, and the rest falls profitably into place.
    ....................................................................................

Could not have said it better......

#20     Feb 22, 2007