What Can We Expect From A President Obama, Part I?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 28, 2008.

1. huh

huh

Which is fine that the redumbs showed some balls....but then enough of them voted for it AFTER a bunch of pork to the tune of 150 billion was added.....I'm still trying to figure out how the wooden arrows are helping our financial credit crisis situation....Boy that was a major missed opportunity for McCain to get "mavericky" and stand up against pork spending and his own party......so many missed opportunites to seal the deal for McCain. Oh well, Obama it is I guess. :mad:

#51     Oct 29, 2008
  2. Arnie

Arnie

You can check out his record here. And McCains, also

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

McCain got a 14 rating from the Brady Campaign (100 being most aligned with their views). McCains rating from pro gun groups is mixed. Obama does not have a rating from Brady, but does get an "F" rating from Gun Owners of America and the NRA.

This is a really cool site, because you can check out how they actually voted and their floor speeches also.

Obama is clearly liberal in every category. McCain tends to be more middle of the road on MOST issues. But I also noted that Obama has voted in a moderate fashion is some areas too. An example being his vote against funding gun confiscation by Homeland Security during an emergency. Overall, I would say Obama is much more liberal than he lets on, and McCain is not a stalwart of the right.

Getting back to OP, if Obama does do these things, you will see a Republican landslide in the mid terms in 2010.

#52     Oct 29, 2008
  3. What the hell you need semiauto weapons for sale? its not hunting weapon.. I support ban of semi-automatic weapons!

#53     Oct 31, 2008
  4. fhl

fhl

"There are at least two pretty effective ways to turn someone into a Republican: (1) get them married with kids and (2) get them to invest in the stock market. So, if I were a highly paid Democratic political strategist, I would make sure to spend a few minutes every day thinking of ways to get Americans out of the stock market—the faster, the better. And that's why if Barack Obama is elected president next week, 2009 may well bring a concerted and all-out effort by the Obama administration and a Democratically dominated Congress to turn the generally pro-Republican Investor Class into an endangered class by, among other tactics, raising investment taxes and ending the tax preferences for 401(k)'s, IRAs, and other retirement accounts.

Some Democrats as well as liberal policy advisers have started making noises about repealing the tax advantages for 401(k)'s, IRA's and other retirement plans.

Not only would removing the preferential tax treatment of these vehicles raise investment taxes by $100 billion a year and affect Americans making less than $100,000, it would surely prompt many Americans, already shell-shocked by the market's recent losses, to flee stocks."

http://betsyspage.blogspot.com/2008/10/decreasing-investment-class.html

#54     Oct 31, 2008