What Can We Expect From A President Obama, Part I?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ak15

ak15

I would rephrase the first part of your statememt as:

X number of Republicans "said to hell with McCain and Boehner".

#31     Oct 28, 2008
  2. Thats easy, because Switzerland doesn't have millions of vermin, thug, low life scum, like we do.

#32     Oct 28, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hey lets ban automobiles while we're at it.
    Just think of the lives we'll save.

Oh wait don't forget
    knives
    bats
    tire irons
    hammers
    big sticks
    high heel shoes
    all poisonous substances
    airplanes
    crochet needles
    screw drivers
    candlesticks
    ropes
    wrenches
    the deer antlers in your den
    boats
    swimming
    billiard balls
    glass
    negligent parents
    Et cetera
    Et cetera
    Et cetera

I was going to include stupidity and incompetence but I guess if we eliminate every thing that's potentially dangerous we can keep them.

#33     Oct 28, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Yeah because a criminal in Switzerland knows that if he breaks into your house he is likely to end up being a very dead criminal.

#34     Oct 28, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which is exactly how it should be.

#35     Oct 28, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Indeed. The argument that guns cause violence is just retarded. If that was the case Switzerland would be one of the most dangerous places in the world, every single household there has a machine gun with a magazine of ammo. They are not violent though, instead it's one of the most peaceful places around.

#36     Oct 28, 2008
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Obama will preside over a "domestic 911" and gladly impose Martial Law and gun round-ups.

A major catastrophe is in the cards within 6 months.

Mark my words, mark my words.........

#37     Oct 28, 2008
  8. I'm not saying guns CAUSE violence, a piece of metal can't cause anything.

I'm just saying in a country with so many violent people, it makes it worse when you give them easy access to guns.

#38     Oct 28, 2008
  9. I don't want to interrupt with inconvenient facts, but previous to a family shooting, the Swiss military ammo was issued, sealed, and inspection was required regularly to make sure that it hadn't been tampered with.

After a family shooting, the issuing of ammunition was stopped.

And then there was the Parliament shooting where a guy went in with a rifle and killed 14 people, but that was a privately owned gun.

And yes, I do enjoy firing various weapons. I just enjoy facts more.

#39     Oct 28, 2008
  10. You're missing the point. There's little correlation between gun laws and gun violence. Some of the places with draconian gun prohibition-D.C. and Chicago most famously-have horrific murder rates while areas with lax gun laws, in the case of Switzerland compulsory gun ownership, with far less crime than firearm restricted zones.

Let's not mince words. Political correctness-the antithesis to frank problem solving discussion-dictates we not speak the obvious. Gun violence falls upon distinct racial, socio-economic lines. Non-Latino, White America commits no higher rate of violent crime than Canadians and less than many areas of Europe. I arm myself for one reason only. To protect myself from minorities. I will not give up that right without a fight.

#40     Oct 28, 2008