What Can We Expect From A President Obama, Part I?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Stick the bullshit onto someone else. The first bailout vote was 67% Dem's for and 33% of GOP for.
    This bill was supported by the Dem delegation and rejected by the GOP delegation in every shape and form...

#21     Oct 28, 2008
  2. Chicago has BANNED guns since the early 1990's.

Chicago leads the U.S. in homicides........

#22     Oct 28, 2008
  3. You have a short memory:

“This bill failed because Barack Obama and the Democrats put politics ahead of country,” said a statement from Douglas Holtz-Eakin, McCain’s top economic adviser, who had represented McCain on Capitol Hill over the several days.

"McCain suspended his campaign Thursday morning to return to Washington to try and get a deal done. Soon after his arrival, though, an agreement that appeared to be coming together fell apart–a situation that Democrats pinned on McCain. Over the next few days, McCain’s campaign took credit for bringing House Republicans, who were reluctant to support the bailout, to the negotiating table. Late Saturday night, the House GOP leadership signed off on a deal. But the majority of the caucus still opposed it when the vote was called Monday.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/29/mccain-blames-obama-and-democrats-despite-lopsided-vote/

#23     Oct 28, 2008
  4. ak15

ak15

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

#24     Oct 28, 2008
  5. Please tell me how I have a short memory.

The Dem's supported it by majority in two separate votes and the GOP rejected it in two separate votes. Period.

#25     Oct 28, 2008
  6. McCain doesn't speak for the GOP in toto. Neither does Boehner.

63 Democrats said to hell with Obama and Pelosi's wishes also....

#26     Oct 28, 2008
  7. and that goes to my point that there are 100's of thousands of UNACCOUNTED for guns on the streets.

If YOU buy a gun, YOU better be accountable for it and if it ends up in a criminals hands YOU should be held responsible.

#27     Oct 28, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

More Americans have been murdered in Chicago this year than in Iraq.

#28     Oct 28, 2008
  9. And tell me what government agency is is going to sweep homes for illegal guns? Without warrants.

Besides guns don't kill. Blacks and browns kill......

#29     Oct 28, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Did you know that in Switzerland every single home has a MACHINE GUN with a full magazine of ammo in it? How come they are not dropping like flies in Zurich?

#30     Oct 28, 2008