What can this tell me?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brucerappaport, Jun 11, 2008.

1. I dont think you saw 30 year CD's ...

Yes rates were like that but inflation was nasty too.

#11     Jun 11, 2008
  2. Thank you DHOHHI I have been trading in isolation and book learning it. It's comforting to know a man who has been trading for over a decade and has been alive long enough to have matured emotionally is trading in a way I can relate to. My losses were a lot greater in the beginning. My point about the $ and quantity of trades I am doing is that I must be doing some good things else I'd be out of the game by now. I'm starting to show positve results 2/3 times rather than lose 2/3 times. Now how to make it a long term process now that I might be on my legs. You see I had both hips replaced very suddenly and being mostly disabled I needed to earn at home. It's an experiment at this point.
    C-Kid, if your not mean your more than welcome to offer me some tips. Yes I am envious of your youth if that's the case. Only a mad man wouldn't want to keep his brain housed in a healthy, youthful body for as long as they wanted to.+

#12     Jun 11, 2008
  3. You know your right . I remember the 18% but I'm not sure how many years they were offered for.

#13     Jun 11, 2008
  4. '81-'82 Baby, 15.5%. True dat.

I wonder what 10 and 20 years were. 20 years had to be 18% plus.

Mortgages - ouch.

[​IMG]

#14     Jun 11, 2008
  5. Hey Tubby,

Americans may be drowing n debt, but you are getting fatter by the minute.
    :D

#15     Jun 11, 2008
  6. C- kid

C- kid

I started a diet and exercise just 2 days ago and in part thanks to you
    where I live there is this place called Buntzen trails - very beautiful for a run or walks

take this opportunity to learn

the sign of a true leader is to look at truth in the face

By being honest with myself in my understanding of life and business, I average 9 k per day

but I get a feeling you will always be a follower

not a leader, you are just a follower

if I was a follower, I couldn't live with myself :)

#16     Jun 11, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

A lot of people feel that way.

#17     Jun 11, 2008
  8. C- kid

C- kid

Baron Loves me, I promote postings

you don't

he would rather see you gone than me

#18     Jun 11, 2008
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

One thing to consider is that you need to set profit goals consistent with the markets IMO. If we're trending you can lengthen the time frame of your trades to maximize profits. If we're in highly volatile markets that are over the place I suggest you take profits quickly --- grab what the market will give you. You can't go broke taking profits, no matter how small. And having plenty of $$$$ each day to trade with is imperative. 2/3 winning percentage is impressive if you keep the losers small.

On a side note -- I'd just ignore c-kid. If you take a look at his posts, here and elsewhere, you'll see there's absolutely no "value added" in any of his gibberish. Just someone who comes back with a new alias every so often. Sadly this kind of individual wastes bandwidth here and elsewhere.

#19     Jun 11, 2008
  10. Again you have given me confirmation on something. I have been trying to figure out where to put my stops. I have found that I have no stomach for large losses. Many times if I am ahead by a good amount I place my stop where it will probably stop out on a downtick but I have at least protected my profit. Lately I have been thinking of widening the stop to about 3-5 % as so many traders advice a 10-15% stop. I don't know how to live with that can of volatility.
    The worst situation is when I'm down to my emotional limit of $2000 and I think it will cycle back up and doesn't. I hate a bad situation becoming worse.
    I bought Planktos on a Business or Fortune article on how it's the first to offer carbon collection and storage using iron particles,plankton or algi and the deep ocean. $5000 rather quickly became 75. It's too low to sell but I think it's a negative to see it each day unless I use it to remind me what impatience can do.

#20     Jun 11, 2008