What can I do to learn the most about the market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MoneyMaker, May 25, 2008.

1. ess1096

ess1096

SCREEN TIME. There is no easy way. Even if you read every book, have the best platform and unlimited funds, you cannot get around the hours and hours of actual screen time needed to begin to trade in synch with the markets as opposed to placing your bets.

And do yourself a huge favor and ignore all of the noise.

Noise = CNBC, BLOOMBERG, EVERY ANALYST, EVERY "GURU", EVERY "EXPERT", YAHOO BOARDS, ECONOMIC REPORTS, FOMC MEETINGS, AND EVEN ADVICE FROM PEOPLE LIKE ME ON ET.
    If any of the above have anything useful to say you will see it play out on the charts, and that brings us back to SCREEN TIME.

#21     May 26, 2008
  2. Screen time is probably the most beneficial so:

First, for free real time charting and quotes, go to: www.quotetracker.com and download the Quotetracker program. ITS FREE!

Second, go to OptionsXpress.com and sign up for a FREE account.

Third, launch quotetracker and enter your account info. from OptionsXpress in the upper menu asking for your quote source site.

There you go.....
    Live quotes and really nice charts.

Then subscribe (free) to http://www.youtube.com/user/SnP500Trader for the best free education out there.

And to practice, sign up to http://www.updown.com/ Possibly the best paper trading site out there - they just went real time!

So there you have it, get your education started and have a great time!

Steve

#22     May 26, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

Money management is the most important factor in trading; you need know when to run up profit and when to let go of a bad trade; paper trade can also help you with this. The second important factor is discipline; you need to be very methodical from all aspects of trading. Read books and web searches to learn more and apply to your own trading style and stick with one strategy that works.

I learned more from doing searches on my own then posting a question on a forum, there are valuable treasures if you just keep poke around especially for stocks...

sg20

#23     May 26, 2008
  4. eagle

eagle

Trade, trade... then trade and finally you have learned the following. After you can overcome it then you will be successful.

We have found the enemy …and he is us!

#24     May 26, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Why don't you do a summer internship at a firm? I worked at an options market making firm in Chicago. Before the summer break, we would go to Northwestern U and UofC and look for people that were interested in learning the business. We usually got four or five kids. These kids left with a tremendous trading education, and some of them decide trading is not for them. Others love it and end up becoming traders for the firm.

nitro

#25     May 26, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Follow Monty's and Nitro's advice. Ignore most of the rest.

#26     May 26, 2008
  7. Throw some money at it kiddo.

#27     May 26, 2008

8. MM,

Try this thread ...............
    Trading ›› Day-Trading 2.0 for small traders

It is as good as I have seen for a startup package.

regards
    f9

#28     May 26, 2008
  9. WizeTrade only works because they continuously manage to draw in fresh victims. So do Trump university, National grants conference, Investools, TMTT, Rich Dad Poor Dad seminars, and dozens of others...

#30     May 26, 2008