What can a trader do as a secondary job to supplement income.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 50cent, May 10, 2008.

1. Burger King is usualy hiring...

#31     May 12, 2008
  2. ess1096

ess1096

#32     May 12, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Getting a finance qualification is an idea. It's never a bad thing to get more qualifications, and if you trade for a few years and keep up to date with the industry by reading journals, finance theory, economic publications etc (as opposed to most traders who remain uneducated out of laziness), you will inevitably get quite a good understanding of markets & finance. That will set you in good stead for the long-term, improve your skills and marketability in case you don't want to trade forever. The main problem with this approach usually is it distracts focus from trading. However in your case it seems like your trading is not that time consuming.

I would avoid getting an unrelated job. Stick to something related to markets.

The other option, what I would do, is to use the free time to research other areas of trading & investment. Why not learn how to read accounts and then dabble in deep value investing? Or if you are more short-term, follow intraday or medium-term moves in the markets, sectors, stocks, futures etc and try to evolve into a swing trader or global macro trader. I started out as an intraday scalper, and I still do that when the market volatility & action is there to make it worthwhile, but almost half my profits now come from longer-term positions trades. It takes a few years to go from zero knowledge to reasonable skills, but it can be done if you apply yourself.

#33     May 13, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

Gigolo.

...Call me on the line.
    Call me, call me any anytime.
    Call me, my love, you can call me any day or night.
    Call me!...

Dooo doo doo....

nitro

#34     May 13, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Aahahahahahahaha

nitro :D

#35     May 13, 2008
  6. bellman

bellman

I need to watch that over a 12 pack again. lol. great movie

#36     May 13, 2008
  7. Charge for advice

#37     May 13, 2008
  8. mcdonalds is awesome, 50% off big macs, can't go wrong there

#38     May 13, 2008
  9. Cutten

Cutten

I have another idea for you:

Set up a trading message board for people who actually trade!

#39     May 13, 2008
  10. J-Law

J-Law

i'm also with the guy who said go to Law school. Consider it a hedge leg for your life.
    Even if you decide to trade for a full time career after you graduate. You can always fall back on the degree. So, in 3 years time you will have elevated yourself to professional status and still have banked $$ trading. it's worth the effort. I wouldnt steer you wrong.

In the meantime, keep trading and do look into the ways in which to grow trading. contrary to your belief they are out there.

#40     May 13, 2008