What brokers have FDIC backed accounts?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by PlusMinus, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Not that I put a ton of faith in FDIC, but it should be slightly better than absolutely nothing. Are there any in the US that offer this, and of course are there any in the UK or Swiss that offer the equivalent?

2. CitiFX is the only one that I know of

3. Any idea who they use? I have to think they are a white label application for retail.

4. bstay

bstay

Most established brokers are registered with or member of FINRA, SIPC, CFTC(FCM), NFA. So not exactly "absolutely nothing", but SIPC is not equivalent of FDIC though, http://www.sipc.org/who/notfdic.cfm

5. bstay

bstay

use what?

6. I'm surmising that they are not actually providing their own platform or even prices, but rather a white label of a broker. If this is wrong, then I'd love to know. Otherwise I'd like to know which broker they're white labeling?

7. Well the problem is that none of the spot brokers provide segregated accounts, and if they go Refco, then it's over for your money. CitiFX would not have that problem. However I'm not sure what the FDIC would be able to do, since they too are practically broke.

8. bstay

bstay

you can research MIG FX, they just became a Swiss bank,
    http://www.migbank.com/about-us/message-from-the-ceo/

9. bstay

bstay

i wouldn't worry about that. unless u intend to park your life savings with a forex broker in non-interest account. for the average new trader, he/she would probably lose the first account trading, refund it several times, and change to the next broker when they become more experienced with the industry and know what to look for in a broker.

10. Thanks for the info. A shame they are not a direct market provider, they seem to be act as principal in all trades, unlike real-forex.com, which was appealing since it operates as a DMA offering.

#10     Dec 26, 2009