what brokerage firm/software are you using for scalping?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by newguy05, Feb 2, 2008.

1. I have found the anvil platform to be the best so far. I traded with a few equity firms and with Arima using the anvil. very advanced and customizable. For scalping i highly recommend it although I do a bit of chart trading as well. Seems ever since the hybrid came into play on the nyse it has been harder to scalp these days.

#21     Feb 5, 2008
  2. buybig

buybig

guys..

not knocking TOS....!!!

i put the YM contract on my pc @ the same time w/ TOS and Ninjtrader/zenfire/mirus tonight.

the volume is LOW... compared prints.. there was at times (large move) a 5 or so second delay before the TOS chart printed..

now the DOM might of printed but i currently trade off the chart..

been wondering why i get stopped out so quickly w/ tos when i place a mkt order..

i now know why

fwiw

:)

#22     Feb 5, 2008
  3. I know what you're talking about but I don't trade charts for entry, only for setups. I put their price feed against my Transact and it was identical. As stated in other threads, the TOS chart may lag by a few seconds in a big volume move but the price feed is dead on. I know that the Prophet charts do not lag and I have used them before in TOS.

#23     Feb 5, 2008

4. Yeah - I have some other questions for TOS tech support they cant answer
    Switching to TS tomorrow

#24     Feb 5, 2008
  5. hi sorry but where can i sign up for zen-fire market feed? cant find it.

Also i am not looking to trade futures, just scalping normal stocks listed on nyse/nasdaq. Is zen-fire still considered to be a good choice for the data feed?

#25     Feb 10, 2008
  6. Bull-honkey (not meant to be derogatory to whites). Trading Technologies has got nothing on Ninja Trader.

X_trader has so many issues and no easy way to incorporate functionality with charting. TT charts ain't got to line to the dragon; how do you see through the cornfields to the rainbow?

:confused:

#26     Aug 3, 2010
  7. I recently downloaded Ninja Trader for the first time and it was a lot better than I expected. I think it's more powerful than a lot of people realize. I really like Quotetracker too though, and I've been using that along with StockVision (as my real-time stock screener) for a couple of years. However, I might try and set up some automated scalping strategies with Ninja Trader and then run them on the best stocks I find in StockVision.

#27     Aug 9, 2010