What broker do you use for S.R.?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by sputdr, Jun 29, 2005.

1. estra

estra

The reason that I chose SR Pro is because I cannot spend my day in front of the computer. So what I wanted is to find the strategies that I would trade with, set them up and forget about it. Come back home at night (I live in Hellas) and see how the strategies did.
    And this is exactly what happens!! I turn off my computer and come back a couple of days later and everything is fine because SRPro is running on a server.. Very cool indeed :)
    As fas as not getting filled it has happened to me and SRPro did not get confused or anything like that... It just went on .... I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, or exactly what exactly you have in mind :)

but anyway...if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to answer them if I can :)

#21     Aug 4, 2005
  2. Cool, thanks again. I will keep them coming if I get more of them.

Take care...:)

#22     Aug 4, 2005
  3. I finally got to check the commissions I pay. I use eminilocal and my R/T cost including all SR and exchange fees, commissions etc. is $5.31.

Hope this helps others to get a decent deal.

Maji

#23     Aug 9, 2005
  4. estra

estra

Hello :)

This is a message for David who contacted me through e-mail. Problem is that I answered and his e-mail had "permanent fatal errors".

So David if you would like me to answer to you, please use an address that is reachable :)

Take care and happy trading to all :)

#24     Aug 15, 2005
  5. But in order to keep 2 separate accounts you need to install 2 instances of SR on your puter, right? Or can you run 2 different strategies each linked to a different account on the same instance of SR?

#25     Aug 15, 2005
  6. estra

estra

Actually neither of the two :)
    You don't need to install 2 instances of SRpro, and you can't ran 2 different accounts on the same instance of SR.
    The solution is pretty simple though.

Remember that SR is running on a server. So you could launch the same application twice, or 3,4,.... times and logon to the different accounts.

Or of course you could put all strategies in the same account. But as you remember the way that the bank is interpreting the results at the end of the day, might create ... "surprises".

I hope I didn't confuse you :)
    Take care and happy trading :)

#26     Aug 15, 2005
  7. Thanks for your reply. OK, I understand then that you just logon to different accounts from the same SR Pro, right?

Now, I understand that you are using SR for manual trading (guess only the demo mode). I wonder if SR allows you to change orders in the Market Pane by dragging them from one cell to another or by clicking on another cell. I could not find this option, but perhaps there is something like that. Or if not, what's the best way to adjust the stop-loss or the target position in the pane?

Thanks in advance...

#27     Aug 16, 2005
  8. estra

estra

Hello again :)

Well actually I have been using the SR Pro which allows for automated strategies to run, because this is what I wanted it for.

I haven't used the market pane at all, so I am not able to answer your question :(

I have done some manual trading, but only the basic staff... set sell limit, buy limit, stop etc... but everything like that is very straight forward.

I am sure though that if you contact their support, or if you contact orr@strategyrunner.com he will be as helpful as he has been for me when I got started.

Sorry for not being able to answer your question :)

Take care and have a nice day :)

#28     Aug 16, 2005
  9. OK, thanks anyway. I guess SR does not let you modify the bracket orders the way all other DOM based softwares do...

#29     Aug 16, 2005
  10. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

You can manipulate the orders in the markets pane by right clicking, holding down and dragging the contracts .

Note:
    There are two versions of Strategy Runner, Professional and Lite.

Both versions look exactly the same; the only difference is that you can run strategies in PRO.

#30     Aug 17, 2005