What broker do you use for S.R.?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by sputdr, Jun 29, 2005.

1. I am expanding my trading and want to use the product but am afraid of some of these cut price brokers.

Is global futures any good?

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

2. Are you looking at lite or Pro?

3. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Hello my name is Richard Kontra I am broker with Global Futures.

If you are interested in using Strategy Runner I can get you on a demo right away. Please give me a call.
    Thank you
    Richard Kontra

4. I use eminilocal.com for trading on the SR Pro platform.

Maji

5. estra

estra

Hello :)

I have been using SR Pro with Global futures since May. They are always trying to be helpful but they are not able to accomplish that everytime.

In my situation they failed to fornwarn me about the incompatibilities betweent the way SR Pro interprets over night positions and RCG's interpretation.

If you are not holding positions overnight, then you will not have no problem what so ever.

But if you do ... DON'T mix any automated strategies that hold overnight with other ones that don't, or any personal trading.
    Keep a seperate account for EACH overnight keeping strategy... unless of course you love nasty surprises :)

I do blame them that they should have forwarned me about this, which they didn't... I had to learn the hard way which is unacceptable !! :mad:
    Other than that they are ok, and always prompt and polite. :)

I hope that was helpful.

6. How much do they charge you for commish and the SR fee?

7. I believe everything included comes somewhere near $6.75-$7 per contract, R/T. You can contact them and see what they can do for you.

Maji

8. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

What markets are you trading?

9. This does not affect P&L.
    Day trades offset each other.

10. Well, what do you mean by nasty surprises? Did you lose money?

#10     Aug 4, 2005