What broker and trading platform allows you to easily see individual lots purchases on different sto

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by invortex, May 11, 2018.

1. invortex

invortex

IB uses average cost on their TWS, same with Schwab. It is only when you go to sell that you can click which lot to sell.

I am looking at a platform to show me my different lots and how much I have lost or gained in different lots.

Can anyone help?

thanks!

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Nobody.

While we might attempt it and find it insightful on various/individual *investments*, it would quickly balloon to unmanageable size with even the smallest amount of actual trading.

3. invortex

invortex

On Fidelity website, when you click on a position, you can choose "Purchse History/Lots". Under that, you see all your lots and different prices and up to the minute gains/losses.

I didn't think it was a big deal, until I switched to a broker who didn't have this feature and it is really hurting my trading.

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

As an economist, I can tell you, it don' mattah a'tall.

Whether you're thinking about iron ore, rail miles, labor inputs -- or entering or exiting a trade: wise decisions are made at the margin, not the average.

(This would be, like, Rule #2 of All Things Econ -- right after T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.) :wtf:

:D

5. What does this setting do ?

Complex (Multi-Leg) Positions

Group legs into complex positions/Hide complex positions - Elect to "Group" legs to show the position as a single combination strategy. Elect to "Hide" complex positions to display legs individually

6. pipeguy

pipeguy

Are you talking about your lots or trading data from other clients?

7. invortex

invortex

No, my own lots

8. invortex

invortex

They are not options. They are long/short equity trades. They told me I can write it under "notes" but I want the p/L calculated for me in real time.