What bothers a trader the most ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pengw, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Incompetence from data providers/brokers etc.

#21     Aug 16, 2009
  2. pengw

pengw

When I trade options, no matter what I do, I always leave no less than half of my potential gain on the table. Many times, I leave more than 80% on the table. The daily fluatuation of gain and loss are just too much.

#22     Aug 16, 2009
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ass holes on elite trader.

crack hoes

cold weather

#23     Aug 16, 2009
  4. not taking care of toilet business before 9:30

#24     Aug 17, 2009
  5. travis

travis

I agree - that's what bothers me the most. But this place is like heaven, compared to other forums. I found forums where you get insulted by moderators. One of them told me I was writing nonsense. I replied "pearls before swine" and he banned me. A moderator should not post his personal opinions, not rudely for sure, and least of all ban people who argue with him. Here it doesn't happen.

#25     Aug 17, 2009
  6. gaj

gaj

two things:

1) during my trading, a halt. i want to be in control of my trades, and halts take away my control.

2) people who spout their opinions like they're (good) traders, but aren't. that ranges the gamut, from many guests on cnbc (who aren't traders, but are marketers), many of those hosts, and on boards like this, people who are marketers, or authors, or salesman/ teachers, or just those who want to say they know 'how' to trade, but don't actually do it.

(i should add, if i don't hold my rules for my setups, that REALLY bothers me. but halts are worse for me).

#26     Aug 17, 2009

7. I agree about those "crack hoes"...definitely

I've told my receptionist repeatedly "no crack hoes in the office" and yet they continually parade down the corridors with the crack hoe uniform on, black thigh high boots, tight fur lined top, tall hair, 5 inch nails, its like they have some union requirement for that look

I go downstairs to get some lunch, the waitress comes out in the same uniform "could you wait a minute hon, my nails aren't dry yet"....yes you guessed it...crack hoe

I go to the dentist after lunch and the receptionist (yes another crack hoe) is sitting there doing here nails. What is it with 5 inch long red nails? I take a seat. I go in to have my teeth cleaned and the hygenist walks in...tall hair, thigh high boots, red nails...yep another crack hoe....and on top of that she can't even hold the instruments without dropping them because of the nails.

I get stopped by the police on the way home....the officer gets out of her car and Jesus....she has the whole damn uniform in dark blue....boots, tight hot pants, long red nails, gun....and baton....and while I am looking for my license she shows me here nails and says, "what do you think hon, is this shade too dark.."? Yes...another crack hoe....

I can't take any more....I make it home and my wife comes out of the kitchen and well....I don't even want to discuss it....

#27     Aug 17, 2009
  8. Two Things

1. Running outta skoal during the trading day

2. Running to the bathroom to take a piss while the market is open.

Other than that I love my job! :D

#28     Aug 17, 2009
  9. What bothers a trader the most ?

Losses do NOT bother me, if I LOST with my best stock going with the long term TREND not against it.

If I lost with a stock which I do not play much going against the long term trend then that BOTHERS ME, BIG TIME.

All the above means, that every trade is equally crucial.

If ANY trade is not EQUALLY important to every other trade, then you are BETTING against yourself.

#29     Aug 18, 2009
  10. I notice that loss does not bother me as much as leaving too much money on the table. However I cannot explain why.

#30     Aug 19, 2009