What books to read?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, May 22, 2011.

1. Books are written by losers , if they could trade they would do it and make money from trading.

95% buy books from losers and learn losing traits of stupid writers.

Mark my words when you apply the crap from the books in real trading.

They were 95 % club of writers , so they wrote books and marketed themselves as great traders , old addage behind every genius is an ordinary bloke trying to express himself.

#11     May 23, 2011
  2. bstay

bstay

Good to know, Thanks.

#12     May 23, 2011
  3. bstay

bstay

I enjoyed reading the Market Wizards and New Market Wizards from Jack Schwager and also the above Kathy Lien book. I don't consider them "stupid writers" and "losers" and "crap". You don't have to read them of course.

#13     May 23, 2011
  4. bstay

bstay

“I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime. Even people who lose money in the market say, ‘I just lost my money now I have to do something to make it back.’ No, you don’t. You should sit there until you find something.” – by Jim Rogers (when he was interviewed).

“Jim Rogers said it perhaps most colorfully, ‘I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime’. In essence, by not wanting to trade, I had inadvertently transformed myself into a master of patience. By forcing myself to wait until there was a trade that appeared so compelling that I could not stand the thought of not taking it, I had vastly improved the odds.” - from New Market Wizards (as narrated by Jack Schwager).

#14     May 23, 2011
  5. bstay

bstay

You can also seek out traders' interviews such as attached. I collected quite a few over the years. Personal experiences that you eventually can relate after some years.

#15     May 23, 2011
  6. Visaria

Visaria

A book i read a long time ago:

The Super Traders: Secrets and Successes of Wall Street's Best and Brightest

#16     May 23, 2011
  7. ====================
    M21;
    I reread the Rich Dennis , M Weinstein...chaptesr past 30 days.....
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Faith ''Inflector''Curtis book is helpful.

Amen;
    Especially the Mint fund manager ''respect risk'',
    especially the Rich ''Turtle'' Dennis chapter.
    :cool:

Especially the Mark Weinstein ''High Percentage trader''Even though many turtles specialize in low percentage homeruns.LOL

But speaking of high %%, can you believe what M Marcus did????[same book];
    wow ,100% hit rate in CA real estate. Strange but I believe it, said he lost 100 %[all] California Real Estate -Emotional trading.

Word/words to the wise

:D :cool:

#17     May 23, 2011
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Mind of a Trader: Lessons in Trading Strategy from the World's Leading Traders by Alpesh Patel

#18     May 23, 2011
  9. IMO the most important statement ever made regarding trading.

#19     May 23, 2011
  10. I very much agree... it pertains to what buffet said (I think) "don't lose money"

#20     May 23, 2011