What book or class influences your trading today the most?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bobcathy1, Nov 14, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

#31     Nov 14, 2002
  2. Matrix - of course...:cool:

#32     Nov 14, 2002
  3. The Trillionaire Next Door: The Greedy Investor's Guide to Daytrading by Andy Borowitz.

#33     Nov 14, 2002

4. It was basically about trading with the trend. Early in my studies I fell under the influence of Linda Raschke. She said she likes to fade extended moves and the way she explained it made a lot of sense so for the next two years this is basically what I was trying to do. This amounts to calling tops and bottoms, really. Well she is very good at it but I was not. The trouble with reversals is that they can whip you to death before they get going and unless your stop is pretty wide you will get stopped out a lot. Linda used a 5 point stop on ES which is peanuts to her put painful to someone on a budget. I was extremely frustrated. Then I happened to read an article by David Floyd. It was nothing fancy, just some comments about trading with the trend and why. It just dawned on me that all the time I had been trading I had never tried to trade with the trend. I began experimenting and found out almost immediately that it was much more to my liking. It has been uphill every since.

#34     Nov 14, 2002
  5. nu-guy

nu-guy

14) Weinstein's Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets

Candletrader,

Is this a book by the famous Mark Weintein interviewed in the Market Wizards book?

nu-guy

#35     Nov 15, 2002
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

No, the book was written by Stan Weinstein.

#36     Nov 15, 2002
  7. #37     Nov 15, 2002
  8. This guy seems to be very honest. He offers a 30 day money back guarantee for his course worth $900. Now, try to get the same from Don Miller! Can you tell us more about his course here?

Thanks,
    wally_

#38     Nov 15, 2002
  9. The author that influenced my trading the most is Laurence Connors. I would rather spend 135 bucks on his "Advanced Strategies" book than wasting money on anything your gonna find on shelves at Barnes/Noble and Borders.

The other Author I like also is Joe DiNapoli. His book called Trading with Dinapoli levels is excellent. I've actually taken a class he offered. Money well spent.

I cant forget to include Robert Miner. Dynamic Trading is probably one of the better books to come out in the last few years.

#39     Nov 15, 2002
  10. These three books will almost definitely be in my top 10. Two others are Tharp's first & Douglas' second. Infact I've got all the books written by these five authors, and they are money very well spent. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the myriad of other books in my library.

#40     Nov 15, 2002