What book or class influences your trading today the most?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bobcathy1, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Just get cliff notes...:D

#11     Nov 14, 2002
  2. Aaron

Aaron

"Maximum Adverse Excursion" by John Sweeney. A unique analysis of how to manage and exit a trade once you are in it.

"Money Management Strategies for Futures Traders" by Nauzer Balsara. Risk management is just as important as entries and exits. (A lesson Niederhoffer could have learned better -- did you know he blew up, cheeks?)

#12     Nov 14, 2002
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The Nature of Risk by Justin Mamis.

--Db

#13     Nov 14, 2002
  4. My favorite books that have helped my trading the most (in no particular order):

Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator - Edwin LeFevre
    How I Made $2 Million In The Stock Market - Nicolas Darvis
    Market Wizards - Jack Schwager
    Trading For A Living - Dr. Alexander Elder

I try to read a different trading related book once per month by spending just 15 minutes per day. Really keeps me focused and re-iterates things I already know.

#14     Nov 14, 2002
  5. mojo59

mojo59

todd mitchell at tmitchell.com turned my trading around. I was confused with too much imput and he simplified my trading by techniques of determining trend, a range and then a strategy for entering on pullbacks. A very dedicated and helpful man.

#15     Nov 14, 2002
  6. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

It is not a stock market book, but the Holy Bible is very good to read.

#16     Nov 14, 2002
  7. don bright right here on elite.before reading don and others on elite about nyse stocks i never even considered nyse stocks.now i trade mostly nyse and profits have been much more consistant.

#17     Nov 14, 2002
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, I found the NASDAQ too unpredictable too. I trade NS and SPY.
    I am going to look into his publications.:cool:

#18     Nov 14, 2002
  9. 95% of whats out there is b.s. Nevertheless I think it is neccessary to read it all and check out all the chat sites, etc. until something clicks. For me it was a casual comment by another trader in a magazine article that put me on the right track. You never know whats going to turn that light on until it happens. Until then you have to grind it out.

#19     Nov 14, 2002
  10. High school" Geometry" textbook, rest is just an interesting fluff.
    Walter

#20     Nov 14, 2002