what best indicator to use for your trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Peter brandley, Sep 4, 2012.

1. cornix

cornix

Classic Dow theory reversals mostly. I highly recommend reading Vic Sperandeo for the matter, at least "Wall Street Master" (Trader Vic II is just more detailed explanation of the same principles). Those books were like a step from struggling to consistency for me.

Also if you Google (or Bing :) ) "cornixforex", you will very likely find many rants by your most humble servant on the matter with some charts, explanations and discussions... :p

P. S. No, I don't sell trading courses or a holy grail indicator. :D

#11     Sep 5, 2012
  2. Price, volume, support and resistance. There is no one best indicator it depends on the market conditions. For range and chop oscillators are great. For trending markets moving averages work fine. First figure out what the market is doing then work from there.

#12     Sep 5, 2012
  3. 2B's are good set ups, a bit risky but rode to previous resistance the R to R makes them worth while.

#13     Sep 5, 2012
  4. cornix

cornix

Even vanilla 123's are as good as gold with some experience and context in your favour. :)

#14     Sep 5, 2012
  5. Daring

Daring

Do you have a link where you describe how you trade 123s?

Thank you

#15     Sep 6, 2012
  6. Open up a browser and type "123 chart pattern".

A bit of advice; in this business you need to be a self starter ( I am not saying that you aren't) question everything, prove it to yourself.

#16     Sep 6, 2012
  7. cornix

cornix

Yup,

It's widely known pattern. Just search "123 reversal". Search returns some of my own examples of it as well. :)

#17     Sep 6, 2012
  8. I think you are right- Most easy and commonly used indicator is Moving averages. It has multiple uses depending on the way you learn it and you will find that most of the strategies include it either as a signal provider or for support. Also learn candlesticks too and you will be able to have a pretty good combination there.:(

#18     Sep 6, 2012
  9. ET can be a pretty good indicator. When there is a lot of noise about market directional change it is usually wrong. The more panicked the call the better the trade.

It's a version of the short sellers index which is a fantastic indicator in itself.

#19     Sep 6, 2012
  10. If you can find a chat room with one or more consistently losing traders, that is usually a very good indicator.

If the fool ever learns, the value of fading him will start to diminish in time, so be careful.

:)

#20     Sep 6, 2012