what are your professions beside being a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vincentnyc, Jan 21, 2018.

1. d08

d08

I was a beach food stand tender, construction site cleaner, computer technician, seminar organizer, programmer. Typically two or more at once. I could never do a seriously good job working for someone else though. Now I'm just a part-time wet market salesman/cashier (paid in food) and full-time trader most of the time. I guess I'm a sucker for anything with the word "market" in it.

#21     Jan 22, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  2. I had a career unrelated to trading which I gave up on (i.e. resigned) because I got de-motivated about what I was doing. I'm now enjoying early retirement. Keeping an automated trading system running is my hobby.

#22     Jan 22, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

Which was...?

#23     Jan 22, 2018
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I thought this was an interesting question. It is too bad the thread went sideways. Of course I'm a full time salesperson for a broker dealer. Before that I was a full time trader with my own BD.

#24     Jan 22, 2018
    sss12, comagnum and ps0013 like this.
  5. Forex is the largest currency market in the world. It is offering numerous opportunities for the part time and full time traders. And I am working here as a part time trader since I am a student. I am giving my time in forex trading in the evening after my classes. And I am trading here since 2016 and I am able to efficiently handle my trading activities besides the study of mine.

#25     Jan 22, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

I've been trading about 35-40 years.
    Started off very badly in terms of trading in total ignorance.
    Way back in those early years it was difficult to get data (expensive and few choices)
    The trading forums in those early years were like cowboy sites, full of pump and dumpers, speccy trading was what was mostly discussed, very little educational content, mostly wild exagerated claims and frequent heated arguments along with a heavy troll factor. Basically trading forums I were on were bedlam.
    Hence getting a rounded opinion on trading was nigh on non existant.
    After 40 odd years am I profitable? Well the last 12 months earned and saved well above any previous income, just on trading.
    The big change in trading fortunes for me was realising I was spinning my wheels by not focusing. (Distractions in trading)

#26     Jan 22, 2018
    beginner66, JamesEM and JackRab like this.
  7. 40 years ago were trading forums?Sheeesh!!........

#27     Jan 22, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

First computer was Amiga 500 (same time as commodore 64) then went to Windows 3.1
    Had to learn DOS for some stuff like changing settings.

#28     Jan 22, 2018
    JamesEM likes this.
  9. there were no damn forums 40 years ago,pa!ask Bob

#29     Jan 22, 2018
  10. internet was only for military,cmon...

#30     Jan 22, 2018