What are your favorite intraday stock plays?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SwingOutOn5, Dec 26, 2005.

1. and what is your horizon, mandatory liquidity,etc.

tape reader, chartist.....etc.

fav plays: AAPL, NVDA, NTRI, SWN, STLD

my horizon for day trades is less than 10 minutes usually, so 10 min. is my time stop

i use aapl and nvda because of their volitility and liquidity, swn because if it's having a good day, you can ride it for a while, and ntri and stld because of their wild swings.

i like to stay w/ stocks w/ over 1mm shares daily, but i don't stick to it all the time (i.e.: ntri)

i enter trades based on tape and hold and sell based on tape and chart

oh, and I guess this is important: i'm profitable only about 50% (or less) of my trades - see results on trader PnL board

i hope this will be useful to others

2. Why do you have a time stop?

3. Well i like to trade qqqq aapl intc dell
    all depends on the market and the time the high,s and the low,s

4. i have a time stop because if what I'm in isn't moving, something else is

this way, i can get out what I'm in and go lose money faster in something else :D

5. what if it is still moving:confused:

time stop sounds weird....you should exit if it stopped moving. not wait for a time period to elapse.

RT

6. mark1

mark1 Guest

there are a lot of systems that use time stops.
    The logic behind is: if the trade is not going in your favour after n bars/time, statistics show, it likely will go against you .
    You can test that with an adequate piece of software.

7. real exciting game!

8. i'm glad you're such a joker

9. well, if you look at my PnL, I'm obviously not getting something! If something is moving in the correct direction (which is rare), I'll hang on until the tape says otherwise.

10. HANS
    BRCM

:)

#10     Dec 29, 2005