What are your favorite actors?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nealvan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. And a little more old school:

Christy Canyon

Ashlyn Gere

#11     Dec 3, 2007
  2. Arnold? Arnold is not an actor. He recites lines and engages in action sequences. Regardless of the role he plays, Arnold is always Arnold. Don't misunderstand me, his movies entertain and he's fun to watch in a movie. However, he has absolutely no range, only mass appeal. ("Only." All actors should be so lucky.)

#12     Dec 3, 2007
  3. funny, but to me you could stick tom cruise and kevin costner into the above paragraph...

#13     Dec 3, 2007
  4. Chood

Chood

Absolutely second the above kudos for Runaway Train. That final shot -- Voight atop the engine -- makes Apocalypse Now and Platoon (to take two others similarly evocative and where the villians get it in the end) seem like Disney flicks.

#14     Dec 3, 2007
  5. #15     Dec 3, 2007
  6. you prolly hate mel.. gibson too, moron

-Payback

#16     Dec 3, 2007
  7. nealvan

nealvan

Keep em coming! I'm going to watch a few of these movie recomendations.

I just saw The Verdict for the 1st time. I was supprised how it ended. Very emotional and great ending. It probably could have been better but still great movie and acting. Blade Runner has to be one of my favorite in the future movies. It's not overdone with special effects but it's way ahead of it's time and just the right amount of special effects that an adult can enjoy.

Mad Max is a cool movie. I don't usually like those types of movies. Mel Gibson got the part after comming back to try out for the freaks part. It turns out that when he went to try out for the original part he had got in a fight the night before. They told him to come back to play one of the freaks in the movie. His face healed up and they didn't remember him from before and ended up getting the lead role. The voices are dubbed in so they don't have an Australian accent. The movie of course opened up Mel's career and he went from being a potential extra (one of the freaks) to a famous movie star.

Jeff Bridges plays Flynn in Tron which is another great movie. Kevin Flynn is a programmer that designed games during after hours at the mega corporation ENCOM that he worked at. Another programmer Dillinger steals his work and gets promoted.
    After losing his job Flynn forgets about ENCOM and runs his own arcade but his friends get him back in to retrieve information to shut down the corporations Master Control Program through a security program called Tron. The Master Control catches him and puts him into the virtual world of a program to punish him in death matches. Flynn finds his program Tron and they destroy the master control program.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Recall movie is a fast paced movie with a good story line. Quaid believes he is a construction worker that lives a simple life. After having dreams of being on Mars turns out later in the movie that Cohaagen (ruler of Mars) had inserted memory implants to erase his memory when he was a secret agent or is it Hauser. Quaid starts to have flashbacks after going to Rekall and ends up going to Mars after his wife ends up admitting the truth after she fails to kill him. After a big escape Quaid gets to Mars and finds out that it used to be a slave colony that is run by Cohaagen where he keeps them suppressed by controlling the air. Cohaagen tries to convince Quaid that he's not really a secrete agent but an alter ego of his friend Hauser. Not convinced Quaid kills Cohaagen and turns on gaint reactors that supply the planet with air and blue skys.
    It was a good movie but I think it would have been alot better if it were more serious. The slapstick and dry humor was ok but the mutants and make believe nature destroyed the best parts of the movie. I think the same was done in the last sequels to Star Wars where they got too techno and flashy. Would have been great movies otherwise.

#17     Dec 3, 2007
  8. the dude from bull &^^&&hit bears show

#18     Dec 3, 2007
  9. There is no denying that Voight is one heck of an actor. But every time I see him at an awards show or his picture in the press, he's always wearing a silk scarf. What's up with that affectation? I wonder if he wears it to the beach.

#19     Dec 3, 2007
  10. I'm not a fan of either of these two actors. I'd rather see an Arnie movie than one of theirs. But I do think they might have a bit more range, relatively speaking, of course.

#20     Dec 3, 2007