What are your dream features for a charting platform?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TrendSpider_Jake, Dec 10, 2018.

1. TrendSpider_Jake

TrendSpider_Jake Sponsor

If you had to pick some features that you have never seen before but think would greatly enhance your ability to be an efficient technical analyst, what would they be?

2. expiated

expiated

I absolutely love the stock filter system offered by Stock Fetcher! And their price is totally affordable. They only problem is, the lowest time frame to which it can be applied is daily charts. If such a system were available for intraday trading (and if I were still trading equities) I would be there in a heartbeat!

ScreenHunter_2774 Dec. 10 08.26.jpg

TrendSpider_Jake likes this.
  3. They

They

Don't really have a desire to become more of an efficient technical analyst but the charting platform that will provide the ability to back-test to the tick level and statistically verify or invalidate all of my market hypotheses without any programing required would be a dream platform.

4. Sprout

Sprout

A robust scripting engine with debugger, programming examples with strong support forum and community.

Bar-to-bar degapping in any timeframe.
    User definable trading sessions that can exclude certain times so that the remaining data can be de-gapped.

Contextual drawing templates.

Being able to group drawings in layers with programmable visibility.

Interface with user definable database, so that certain chart patterns and bar formations can be logged both in price and/or volume. Ideally, the statistical history could be accessed and displayed during current bar formation.

The ability to store snapshots and have database access.

The above are the current limitations of tradingview which is my primary charting program. They might be available in NT8 which I’m in the process of learning.

Is your software based on TV’s rendering engine? It has the same visual appearance. Another limitation with tv is lack of access to their api.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

The P/L indicator would be always green.

6. Overnight

Overnight

I am only responding to you because I cannot respond to that silly request...My dream feature is a predictive indicator. I mean, jeez, Pekelo, what else do we need aside from that? Just tell me where the market is going to be, not where it has been. Doesn't the OP understand that?

7. maxinger

maxinger

The only additional feature I am looking for is simplify those
    very long string of numbers.

eg for japanese yen futures. price is now
    0.0088480 ie 8 characters.

cut it down to 4 characters
    like 8.848 /K

Those exchange folks like to make the tick size smaller and smaller resulting in long string of numbers.

as people age, very difficult to see long string of numbers.

VPhantom and TrendSpider_Jake like this.
  8. REDP1800

REDP1800

an indicator that would give me a line based on the number of cancelled orders. or one o could talk to..or if i could say..optimize and it does

9. They

They

VPhantom likes this.
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

#10     Dec 11, 2018