what are your death plans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 4, 2003.

1. the 666 moving average thread has inspired me to start this one.

what are your plans for your death? by that, i mean, typical religious ceremony..burial, cremated..something different?

i told my parents i might have a satanic ritual at my funeral strictly as a joke. people that know me know i think religion is total nonsense (including satanism)!!!

honestly, i don't know what i want to do yet. i don't know if i want to be buried or cremated. there will definitely be no priest, that's for sure. there will definitely be no open casket crap. i hate that. i don't have a will yet, so i'm thinking i should make one to make sure none of this stuff happens. maybe i'll write a speech and have someone read it. i want something else, too, though.

this is my ULTIMATE IDEA: take my body, put it on a rocket and blast me into space, out of the earth's orbit. preferably, i'd like it to be timed so that i leave the solar system and no one really knows where i end up. if i am rich someday, i may very well do this.

2. The concept of having a burial is nonsense. Everyone dies, what a waste of space digging up precious ground, that can be used to build homes, just so you can bury a dead body which will rot anyway. I live in nyc. Everytime I drive by Long Island City, I'm always saddened to see that huge cemetary, what a total waste of space for a city that is already crowded as hell. I don't think it matters which way you dispose a dead body, cremating would be the most convenient. If I had to choose though, throw me into the middle of the ocean and let me be shark food.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

What should I do with your body if it falls out of orbit and lands in my backyard?

4. i'll have myself cremated first and my ashes put on the rocket. that way, the rocket won't need to be as expensive, and if something goes wrong, the ashes will just go all over the place.