What are you presently reading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mikeriley, Feb 21, 2022.

1. DeMurph

DeMurph

I don't like books I like online courses I'm taking forex military course now.

#441     May 11, 2023
  2. image.jpeg

#442     May 19, 2023
  3. In regard to the above mention book. I just finished reading it now.

I very much liked this book. Copyright goes back to 1954, but a lot of what was said, is very relevant to today. Early on, I kept being reminded by Nassim Taleb's talks about Extremistan and Mediocristan in his own book The Black Swan. While Taleb may have invented these terms, this book I read did cover the difference between these two factors, and how they can cause unseen issues in facts and statistics. I would bet that Taleb probably read this book at some point before writing his own.

There is something that I didn't clue in before until reading this book. I was puzzled in the past why Taleb used to make an issue about of Procrustes for some unknown reason. Perhaps I fell asleep at the wrong points in some of his books, but while reading this one, the lightbulb went off when I made the connection between the Greek character Procrustes and his bed that Taleb talks about, and 'Procrustes analysis'. Doh!

:fistbump:

#443     May 20, 2023
  4. %%
    How I Achieved Triple Digit Returns.........David Floyd[mostly or all NYSE]:caution::caution::caution:

#444     May 22, 2023
  5. At @deaddog 's suggestion, I have finally started to crack open this title, after I had the book sitting here for around a year or so. Looks like it may be interesting... I'm around page 50 so far, nothing too informative about penny stocks (yet). The author is still ranting about narcissistic stock promoters. lol

519Ync+vFyL.jpg

#445     May 28, 2023
    deaddog likes this.
  6. Volume II of this title was pretty damn good. So now I picked up the original Vol. I at the library and will see what else I have missed the last few years.

0857196197.01.S001.LXXXXXXX.jpg 0857196197.01.S001.LXXXXXXX.jpg

#446     May 29, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. rb7

rb7

From the Economic Nobel Prize winner.
    There are a couple of chapter that can be applicable to trading.

upload_2023-5-30_7-46-5.jpeg

#447     May 30, 2023
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  8. %%
    Stepping In front of Freight Trains, Chapter, with Jimmy B + Jack Schwager. Book
    Good read .
    An even better+ brief read is the quote ''Its Hard To Stop a Trane [Train]'':caution::caution:

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    #448     May 30, 2023
  9. Interesting so far. The author worked semi-locally to me, and already talks early in the book about meeting the CEO of QuadrigaCX in person, etc. Looking forward to the end of the book now.

index.aspx.jpeg

#449     May 31, 2023
  10. image.jpeg image.jpeg

I keep reserving this, and never get to even start it due to time constraints. I may try to read a page or two tonight at least and finally make a start!

#450     Jun 6, 2023