What are you presently reading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mikeriley, Feb 21, 2022.

1. mikeriley

mikeriley

As an avid reader of trading literature, I'm curious as to
    what every one is presently reading.

Presently reading Beating the Financial Futures Market
    by Art Collins and Optimal Mean Reversion Trading
    by Tim Leung.

2. upload_2022-2-21_13-58-13.png

Ivano, Sprout, piezoe and 6 others like this.
  3. DaveV

DaveV

I am also an avid reader, but rarely read a full book. I prefer articles and summaries.
    Last full book I read was "Unknown Market Wizards: The best traders you've never heard of". I learned a few trading ideas from it.

4. People feel too guilty about not completing books.

In reality, it's the book's job to hook you. If it doesn't, and you're not interested in what happens next... OK next book. This is why libraries are important!

birdman likes this.
  5. mikeriley

mikeriley

Hi DaveV,

I've found a lot of wonderful articles at the following website.
    (many great books also)
    Just click the Articles link at the top of the page.
    https://u1lib.org/

Enjoy.

Sprout and easymon1 like this.
  6. .

Recently finished the 2nd edition (2020) of "Candlestick and Pivot Point Trading Triggers" by John Person and currently reading 3rd edition (2021) of "Day Trading the Dow Mini" by Brad Stych.

Wasn’t convinced to adopt their strategies, but have enjoyed reading about them and about the experiences/views of the authors, especially Person who has been around a long time.

Person described two trailing stop-loss methods I hadn't seen before, which led me to do some testing that was useful and led to some other new ideas. The book by Stych was unusually expensive; if anyone is interested it may be best to wait for the price to come down a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/Candlestick-Pivot-Trading-Triggers-Website/dp/111929553X/ref=sr_1_3?crid=5INPL59V4AJN&keywords=candlestick+and+pivot+point+trading+triggers&qid=1645471235&s=books&sprefix=candlestick+and+p,stripbooks,91&sr=1-3

https://brightstartraining.com/new-trading-book/

mikeriley likes this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

8. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

[​IMG]

Ivano, bamboos, Laissez Faire and 4 others like this.
  9. Nobert

Nobert

Had a coworker who wanted to get into the markets, yet, he was reading the biography of p.escobar and Don Kihot fighting wind mills.

zdreg and mikeriley like this.
  10. zghorner

zghorner

I am a book worm deluxe and currently reading Dostoevsky's "The Gambler" for pleasure and "futures 101" by Waldron for education. I do not recommend this book really for anyone that isn't a complete neophyte...I'm pretty ignorant to futures markets and not really learning much.

Next on the list is Schwager's "Complete guide to futures markets" at OPs recommendation, then "Trade stocks and commodities with the insiders".

#10     Feb 21, 2022
    Ivano, Rams Fan and mikeriley like this.