What are you ER2 fellows doing...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Shraga18, Aug 4, 2008.

What are you doing about ER2?

1. ER2 forever! I'm going ICEskating

28 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. ER2 RIP. Other minis here I come!

47 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. It's over. I'm going into real estate...

8 vote(s)
    9.6%

1. Thanks for info. What will be value per point? Any link for more info

Thanks

#61     Sep 8, 2008
  2. rawfist

rawfist

U.S. Futures Exchange to List Mini-Sized U.S. Dollar-Denominated DAX(R) Futures Contract

New Contract to Offer Global Market Participants a Cost-Effective Means to Trade Germany's Premier Stock Market Index in U.S. Dollars

CHICAGO, Sept 03, 2008

U.S. Futures Exchange (USFE) today announced an exclusive licensing agreement with Deutsche Borse to launch a mini-sized U.S. dollar-denominated DAX(R) futures contract (mini$ DAX(R) future). The new contract carries a $10 multiplier, enabling U.S. market participants to gain exposure to Germany's leading stock market index in a cost-effective fashion without currency exposure. The mini$ DAX(R) future will be available for trading beginning October 1, 2008.
    DAX(R), comprising the 30 largest and most liquid German blue chips traded at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, is the most commonly cited benchmark for measuring the performance of the German economy. Germany is the largest economy in Europe and the world's third largest economy in USD exchange rate terms.
    "The mini$ DAX(R) futures contract is the result of feedback from participants seeking economic exposure to German financial markets," said John Spiegel, CEO at U.S. Futures Exchange. "Our research indicates that the global trading community sees value in a mini-sized DAX(R) contract. U.S.-based traders will appreciate access to German markets without additional exchange rate risk."
    The new mini$ DAX(R) futures contract will be open for trading on USFE's electronic trading platform 23 hours a day. Through an extensive market development program, USFE has been able to secure a robust group of market makers for U.S. and European hours and identified significant market participant interest.
    "We are excited about the new market opportunities this product will offer. We appreciate the innovation at USFE and look forward to trading the product," said Ethan Kahn of Wolverine Trading.
    About U.S. Futures Exchange
    Chicago-based U.S. Futures Exchange offers specialized products to meet the unique market demands of retail, hedge fund and institutional customers in a fully regulated, centrally cleared futures and options exchange. U.S. Futures Exchange was formed in 2006, following an investment by Man Group.
    For further information, visit http://www.usfe.com.

#62     Sep 8, 2008
  3. JackR

JackR

Better yet, as IB's "US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets" why not just put the Russell in the bundle? If the approval process blocks futures quotes to non-approved traders the problem is solved. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Jack

#63     Sep 8, 2008