What are you ER2 fellows doing...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Shraga18, Aug 4, 2008.

What are you doing about ER2?

1. ER2 forever! I'm going ICEskating

28 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. ER2 RIP. Other minis here I come!

47 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. It's over. I'm going into real estate...

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. I dont disagree which is why it will be removed.

From an operational standpoing Account Management will tell you that you need to have futures permissions in order to subscribe to the InterContinental Exchange/Legacy NYBOT product when you select the market data permission.

#51     Aug 8, 2008
  2. MarkB

MarkB

Thank you, and I didn't mean to come across as snippy. It was just amusing to me since you had originally called me confused, when the source of my confusion is obvious.

:)

Mark

#52     Aug 8, 2008
  3. Thank you for saying that the ICE/NYBOT market data fee will be removed. Are there any other market data fees that aren't actually charged to qualified accounts?

Now could you please talk to IB management and ask them when they are going to lower their rather high futures commissions to at least match their competitors. Beating the competitors with even lower futures commissions would be even better.

#53     Aug 8, 2008
  4. Yiasou

Yiasou

Ray,

There are postings on this thread that claim ICE systems have had numerous failures.

Please respond with specifics.

Thanks,

George

#54     Aug 13, 2008
  5. Good article.

A lot want to see this succeed, hopefully they don't f...it up.
    I still question ICE's platform vs Globex

#55     Aug 25, 2008
  6. It is now the end of August and the IB data fees page for "North America" still shows "InterContinental Exchange and New York Board of Trade United States GBP 1.00 ".

Is this going to be removed from IB's list of data fees or not? Please have the IB website updated with the correct information.

#56     Aug 28, 2008
  7. Competition is good for the marketplace. Why have commissions after consistently coming down, not changed the last few years, even as volume has exponentially increased?

CME and CBOT Complete Merger Creating the Leading Global Financial ...

You got some CME shares Bighog, any other interest in these exchanges you need to disclose?

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...4-d54a79d5daed/CME_News_2007_7_12_General.pdf

#57     Aug 29, 2008
  8. Yes, this transition is already confusing. Just a few comments:

1) It took research and time to understand that ICE was on NYBOT.
    2) IB still has a $1 charge for ICE and you must still sign up. I did today just to see what the steps were. No big deal but still had to work through it.
    3) When you do sign up, there is no mention of ICE, only NYBOT so if you're new to this exchange, it's confusing that ICE does not appear anywhere.
    4) Globex has been rock solid. I like that ICE is competing and hope they do REALLY well but it will have to prove itself with reliability, volume, speed and stable price movements.
    5) Thanks for this thread... it's been very helpful

#58     Sep 1, 2008
  9. Great. IB has updated the IB data fees page for "North America" "InterContinental Exchange and New York Board of Trade United States" from "GBP 1.00" to "USD 1.00".

Why doesn't IB just get rid of a silly $1.00 fee? Who in IB management gets paid the big bucks to charge a silly $1.00 fee to IB customers?

#59     Sep 7, 2008
  10. rawfist

rawfist

The new mini DAX coming out October 1st looks tasty, might pick up a few of the ER2 lads

#60     Sep 8, 2008