What are those pictures called? (Answered)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. Joe


    Hey I'm trying to remember what the pictures are called that you can look at and they move. This is real life, not a gif file.

    For instance if you look at a baseball card and it shows the player swinging the bat, the motion happens as you move the card left to right.

    I want to say its hologram, however I don't think that is it. I have seen holograms, and they usually have a weird color to them, and do not look like a normal picture that contains motion. Maybe they both have the same name?

    Hologram example,
  2. andread


    yeah, I think they are holograms. Bidimensional holograms. I have seen on the internet that someone calls them flip flop holograms
  3. Joe


    Nope, thats not it. I just checked it out, unless you can post a link. I did a search for those terms, and kept finding the weird rainbow colors.
  4. Joe


  5. Joe



    Thank you.

    Now if only I knew how to make one, or who could manufacture one hmmm, the search continues.

    Thanks again,

    "The most common misperception is that these pictures are holograms. They're not. While both types of technology can add depth to two-dimensional pictures and create animated effects, they look different, work differently and are used for different purposes. Holographic images are created by lasers, can be printed on very thin metallic or transparent sheets and typically display a rainbow sheen like the reflection on a puddle of oil.

    Lenticular images are much thicker because they have a ribbed plastic surface, and they are generally clearer and brighter than holograms."