What are things you can do to prepare yourself to trade after waking up?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jinxu, Jul 21, 2010.

1. +1 for New York, I dont know if i could deal with 4AM for the rest of my life...

A small jog or 20 mins on a machine to increase blood flow works wonders and a double espresso is mandatory..

In the end the best pre-market routine wont help if you not making money.How you get there i think is inconsequential.

#31     Jul 22, 2010
    #32     Jul 22, 2010
  3. jinxu

jinxu

Went Fishing,

Saw the doctor yesterday. It's just a little crack at the tip. The doc has me in a little splint. All in all it's fine.

I just do some mental paper trading where I'll say to myself to enter/exit when I see a setup I like. I find there's not much of a difference from simulation. And switching platform would be a hassle as the one I have has no fee and I like how it look.

My only complaint is with my charting platform, eSignal, b/c it lags during fast markets. Otherwise I would give it 5 stars.

#33     Jul 22, 2010

4. You poor fellow, that must be a horrible sight when you look up.

#34     Jul 22, 2010
  5. Matcha

Matcha

Thank you, Went Fishing to recommend my jounal!

Jinxu,

I don't mean to be a nosy bitch to point out what you are doing right or wrong. I am pretty sure you have taken your time and effort to learn what trading really is. And I am sure you have a plan and methodology you are confident with.

But from what you wrote on ET and the trades you are making lately. You are definitely flashing red flags. I am sure any experienced and nice traders will have the same opions about that. And it doesn't seem like your methodology works very well.

I strongly recommend you open a SIM account with another broker. you will be spend more money trading realy life to continue blow your account up than open a new account with SIM.

Trading takes time. please don't rush to "I want fast money".
    Some people stay with SIM for one year, repeatedly test their methodology, build up market sense, analyze all the setups, succeed rate of all the set ups, efficiencies, behavior patterns etc. They sim trade, back test untill trading is their second nature. When they go live. things will be way much easy. And lot of money are saved. Cost of doing this business are reduced.

We have all been there. I just don't like to see another trader blow up his account and don't know what problem is, then totally give up trading and think its market's fault.

I am not ashamed to say I am sim trading. I know it's different with live trading. And I am also prepared for some "blows" in live. But at this point, I won't go live untill it becomes my second nature.

Seriously, listen to Went fishing. Otherwise, I am sure you will blow your account soon... I am sorry...

Matcha!

#35     Jul 22, 2010
  6. One word....MOVE

:D

#36     Jul 22, 2010
  7. Matcha

Matcha

[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

jinxu:

I'm sure you've learned trading is not as easy as it seems. Learning to trade takes A LOT of TIME and A LOT of MONEY. I took the time to read your previous posts and noticed your platform does not support simulated trading. Are you still using that platform? Simulated trading CAN save you a lot of time and money IF you know "what" to "practice" on the platform (most new traders don't) and HOW to do it.
    What are things you can do to prepare yourself to trade after waking up?

I suggest you get a simulated platform, ASAP!
    I'll also suggest MATCHA'S Mimi Dow journal, read it, follow it, and maye maybe maybe you'll learn from it! It's very good!

Get the sim account before you learn a mountain of shit you'll have to unlearn later.

<*)))>< [/B][/QUOTE]

Went fishing!

You are so nice!!! I remember when I first blew up 25% of my account. One experienced trader recommended me SIM trading! And he totally switched my mindset about trading. Although he said everything in harsh words! Hehe, But I really love those straightforward and harsh words!

I feel so grateful untill now. Can you imagine if no one told me that, I could have blew up another 5k trading YM and another 25% trading stocks.

Thank you for saying that to Jinxu!

#37     Jul 22, 2010
  8. I actually fine this quite useful to get focused.

What I do if I wake up sleepy, is eat some fruit, do some push ups, then go lay back down for a few minutes and just relax. The fruit gives you energy, the push ups get your blood flowing, and the laying back down for 5 minutes relaxes you and prepares you mentally for the challenges ahead.

TT

#38     Jul 22, 2010
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Either bang your girlfriend doggie or rub one out, rinse off in the ocean. Have a nice iced late and take a dump and you are ready to trade!

#39     Jul 22, 2010
  10. jinxu

jinxu

From my last job, I was leaving at 3am. So my sleep schedule was screwed up. I'm trying to get myself to sleep from 8pm-5am, but my body just doesn't want to sleep at those time. I've tried sleeping pills and staying awake for 24 hrs. Doesn't help.

Does anyone have any other tips?

#40     Jul 26, 2010