What are things you can do to prepare yourself to trade after waking up?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jinxu, Jul 21, 2010.

1. One way to help with this is to prepare the night before. I go over probably 100+ charts every night just to glance at them and see if there is a setup, then I write them down and put them on my watch list. But I'm a swing trader and not a day trader, so it's not uncommon for me to wake up at 12pm and check my positions. If there is something i like, I usually wait til the afternoon to buy it, this way I dont get caught in a mid-day reversal

kon

#11     Jul 21, 2010
  2. meditation, breathing exercises, taking a walk around the block are few options

#12     Jul 21, 2010
  3. Some funny jokes. On a serious note you are lacking in discipline it seems. Many are. They don't trading like a true business. Some suggestions.

1. A plan with consequences if you don't follow it. Maybe you demote yourself back to sim if you break your plan? Make yourself accountable to another person for following your plan.
    2. Reading some books on discipline.
    3. Maybe you aren't cut out for trading? Have you ever considered that. Most aren't.

#13     Jul 21, 2010
  4. Coffee, seriously.

#14     Jul 21, 2010
  5. If you're groggy jump in an ice cold shower....you will be wide awake after that...assuming your heart doesn't explode.

#15     Jul 21, 2010
  6. dalen

dalen

Sounds like you need to get up earlier. I like to stretch, do some cardio, shower, eat something small like fruit, and enjoy a french press all before 6:30. I get up about 5am and sit down at the computer by 6. I need 30 mins of prep time while enjoying the coffee before open.

#16     Jul 21, 2010
  7. Gcapman

Gcapman

Then hit the gym and relax your body and energize your mind

Lots of good positive vibes after a good workout

Especially if you are like me and have a really nice body then it gives you confidence everytime you look in the mirror :D

#17     Jul 21, 2010
  8. xiaohu

xiaohu

A good start to the trading day begins the night before:

1. Sleep @ 10pm
    2. Wake up next day @530
    3. Some stretching and breathing exercises
    4. Good Breakfast
    5. Good shit
    6. Some preparation work
    7. Market opens

#18     Jul 21, 2010
  9. 200mg nodoze pills. Fuck coffee. Set your alarm 30m earlier than you want to wake up, take a nodoze when you hear it, slap it on for a 30m snooze, then in 30m when you wake back up (if you fell back asleep) you should be wired.

#19     Jul 21, 2010
  10. Whoa, take it easy, Flash. Pace yourself or you're going to burn out.

#20     Jul 21, 2010