What are the toughest trading companies to get into ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by murty, Jul 15, 2005.

1. murty

murty

What are the toughest trading companies (prop firms or hedge funds) to get into ? Tough because of competition and screening, not because of availability in a small mom&pop hedge fund.

2. mahras2

mahras2

SAC, Citadel, Renaissance, DE Shaw, AQR. A whole bunch of em.

3. karsat

karsat

I'm a prospective trader, for example If I want to become a trader at SAC, how should I approach and wheres my starting point?

4. For these kind of companies, you get invited, you don't apply.

5. Know Stevie Cohen personally or prove yourself as a superb trader beforehand, get them to notice you and get invited. These are the only ways. They don't want you, you want them.

6. karsat

karsat

Anybody is having contact details for SAC? Thanks

7. Neodude

Neodude

They have an office in Connecticut, but you can forget about getting an interview unless you have a very good track record.
    I believe this is a contact point for them, I'm not sure if it is still valid...

S.A.C. Capital Advisors, LLC
    777 Long Ridge Road
    Stamford, CT 06902
    Telephone: (203) 614-2000

Good luck!

PS. Alt Address:

72 Cummings Point Rd, Stamford, CT 06902

8. So true......fugetaboutit.

9. furtrader

furtrader

Oh, for god's sake, look it up! - what kind of trader are you?

...Furtrader

10. lol, yeah send snail mail, that'll definitely be read. SAC doesn't recruit independent traders. If you are a big trader at some fund / IB, then maybe. It's who you know. Definitely not a "send your resume and we'll think about having you" kinda place. If you have a reputation on wall street, then maybe they will seek you.

#10     Jul 16, 2005