What are the rules of your trading system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2012.

1. First rule of a profitable trading system: You do not talk about the trading system.

Second rule of a profitable trading system: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE TRADING SYSTEM.

:D

#31     Jan 6, 2013
  2. third rule is

tell you what I am doing

and get you to do the same

#32     Jan 6, 2013
  3. heypa

heypa

Regardless of your rules" If it ain't going up don't buy it.".

#33     Jan 6, 2013
  4. Trading stocks has the parts I mentioned.

as you ease into putting your capital in the market, you wind up with owned stocks and a "Hot List" from the Unverse selected by a filter composed of seven criteria.

If you have to go to work, you analyze each evening after RTH. In a few years, you do not need to work no matter how small you start.

Then you trade three ways using one algoirthm.

For position trading stocks, you put up panes fro each stock and arrange the panes so you can make as much money as possible. I use 30 minute charts and when I am going to take D and A of MADA, I go to 15 minute charts. All charts are colored black for owned stocks. All charts are colored red for Hot List stocks.

I am watching for the charts to change color. But to max the profits, I have to know BEFORE the color change to get the last drop out of the orange and at the same time not be faked out.

So I did the prep to get the color defined exquisitely.

I do not use open price for more than a second. I use a RDBMS which involves comparisons of adjacent bars: the forming bar and its prior measurable bar.

We are talking about how most traders fail by getting fooled. Randomness is not what fools traders. Randomness is a myth of CW and OODA betting systems. OODA is a bad idea and the CW wisdom is filled with myths and the record on trader performance is the result.

By taking 7,000 stocks down to 100 to 125, a person filters out all the myths by using the Scientific Method. This list of high Beta stocks cycles with supreme regularity. The IAS is automated so you can choose subsets of stocks for days and they are ranked for that day. THe picking of stocks is, again, exquisite.

You earned the right to trade while holding a job. Then trading was less profitable by a small amount and your goal was to build a profit cash flow that was large. William J. O'Neil started with 500 bucks and quit in 27 months. He took the profits and build his empire as we all know. Darvas built his fortune and kept dancing in night clubs with his patrner. I buought personal freedom and made what I made to support my life style. I wrote books after I did cutting edge problem solving.

When you trade you monitor and analyze.

At events of possible change in the algorithm, the gane is to stear and focus to be bale to carve turns. We are way past the myths of money management and risk management.

The faster charts called timeframes, move the observable trading fractal to a different observable relationship with other fractals. Stearing means go to wear the action is anticipated. Focusing is zooming in to the forming of the sub and sus sub fractals of the tading fractal. You can observe the multi sentiments on each.

All trades are enties and exits in stocks whereby all the fractals are "converegent". The money making is in "slow motion" becasue you have so much mental prowess to carry out laps in the MADA.

But you have to build your mind to have this prowess. The first opportunity to practie this level of prwess comes in fifth grade level mental development.

The OP is asking about rules and the solution is the routine. MADA is the mental routine. You learn to learn. Then you learn to hold and rverse as a mentality. For stocks it remains an entry/ exit but it is exquisite as a process.

Trading a position is an 1 and 1/2 long window.

#34     Jan 6, 2013
  5. Daring

Daring

Only trade clarity, learn to sit it out, wait for obvious fakes in price action and keep the coolness, too stressed not worth doing it, life is too short then your loved ones suffer.

#35     Jan 6, 2013
  6. Why would you ever need a chart? Especially last 30 minutes is meaningless how much money have you made trading?

#36     Jan 6, 2013
  7. For making money I view money as a commodity, so the money is making the money in my view. I have my money take the full offer of the market.

In stock trading I never hold more than 100,000 shares. My best net was 17 points. and I left 200K on the table.

Let us all know how your answers unfold to the questions you asked me.

#37     Jan 6, 2013
  8. Paddler

Paddler

#38     Jan 6, 2013
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Unless you are good at buying the bottoms, which are usually against the major trend, not going to Buy Low. And if you are strictly a trend trader, you will Buy High and try to Sell Higher.

#39     Jan 6, 2013
  10. "
    http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/logi...re.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6021163

Stock trend forecasting method based on sentiment analysis and system similarity model

Abstract

This paper combine sentiment analysis based on system similarity model and Bayesian classification model to design a prediction system for the stock plate price trend analysis according to the Internet stock news and information. This system can automatically classified the stock news on the web and apply sentiment analysis to judge related comments and predict the price movements. By the way of cross-rotation test show that the system can effectively predict and analyze the stock market and have good stability.
    "

#40     Jan 7, 2013