What are the rules of your trading system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2012.

1. For you it is a rule.

For others, you do not know what you are talking about.

An agreement to disagree has been reached.

Maybe you trade the way you talk; I know I do.

Good luck in 2013.

#21     Jan 4, 2013
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

did you just admit your full of shit jack?

you trade the way you talk! brilliant!

#22     Jan 4, 2013
  3. Thank you for your response.

You are a professional and I am just an amateur.

This system began long ago and I just posted the walk I do in today's terms.

Long ago, I had to trade manually and in a time of tape reading. I did not have a ticker tape feed however. I depended upon the WSJ.

In those days I traded by phone and I pencilled my charts using daily data.

My profile as a trader was determined by pro's like you and government regulators.

Since the system can be regarded as bullshit, that is probably what happened when the regulators monitored the trading record in real time.

Tax dollars paid these people and they figured out I had the presumed profile of a criminal because of the results of my trading. Lawyers proved I was not a criminal.

This bullshit thing I did then and do now has a profile. CW knows it as "insider trading". But I only simulate insider trading using TA.

I have an amateur trading profile and MarkBrown has a professiional trading profile. How he trades, he explained.

Anyone can go to the platform I use and pul off the criteria, filters, get the lists, and use the rules and use the strategy. All you do is use your PC and go to the platform. Or you can pass and not do anything at all. Or you can "do it yourself".

Mark if you have any questions about the substantive content in my posts, just ask. Any number of people on ET can articulate the answers to your Q's.

#23     Jan 4, 2013
  4. Paddler

Paddler

How do you define long and short sentiments in your coding?

#24     Jan 4, 2013
  5. I follow very much the teaching of Srīṉivāsa Rāmāṉujan Aiyaṅkār for his mathematical findings/functions/models/rules.

http://link.springer.com/journal/11139

Not easy at all, however worth the time and effort, imo.

#25     Jan 5, 2013
  6. Thanks for your question. This is a cornerstone of trading.

The basic idea, for me, in trading is the RDBMS invention. About the same time, in 1975, Mandelbrot updated the bio and minerology observations using definitive maths.

My interest, from 1957, was to handle ambiguity and anticipation and the problem of sort of continuous but not differentiable maths. I am narrow minded and I saw the geometry of markets as infinitely self similar patterns except there was the simplifier I call granularity.

I'm upgrading my reply commentary to your level because I know you are thinking and bearing down on closing all the questions that are not significant. Not many people would surface how there are many sentiments always showing concurrently in markets. Your question points this out.

MarkBrown pointed out how professionals get surprises they can't handle. I backed his view up with the SEC view of me which was similarly screwed up. I handled the Law aspect as a fractal (use Stumpff as the reference for outwitting the SEC; consider Brown as trite).

With granularity, you see fractals built from these small variable pieces. You get a melange of sentiments as the fractals interlock in a ratio of three to one.

People choose their trading fractal. From that chioce everything observable falls in place. There is no longer ambiguity of sentiment; it is found on the trading fractal and has a context generated by adjacent fractals (recursion). So we can't use calculus; therefore, do not use statistical replacements for calculus.

History shows centuries of moving forward from bio and crystals of minerals to the processes defined in time. I noted the 100 significant changes (since 1957) in market tooling and understanding on three flow charts years ago.

I have gone farther than the public in moving forward. The process in time is insufficient for taking the offer of the market. Throwing time out is a challenge. When traders finally do this they get to a place of anticipation and how events follow ORDERS. or sequences.

All of nature, arts, the law, and now trading can use the process of items that are significant. For me, the items are events and I named the events. Events come in three subsets of the system of events: price (10), volume (11) and trend End Effects (35).

I relate sentiment to people's opinions on trends and trends are their concern in the variable price. I know it takes a while to get to the answer. We are now there.

Granularity limits how adjacent geometric displays of variable information relate. Relative data Base Management System (RDBMS) is how we handle adjacency. Sentiment change is more important than just sentiment but you can't determine change if you can't compare.

As you see there are more trend end effects than any other kind of event. For failsafe reasons, we always eliminate possibilities until only the CORRECT ANSWER IS LEFT. Our goal is to take the full offer of the market.

Therefore, the sentiment is determined in the context of the gate/kill system for getting permission to measure in volume where you are in a trend or whether an End Effect is arriving. All are under the context of anticipation and then certainty.

There are two sentiment equations. Pragmatically, I named them by color. First, the criteria are made up for all the cases of adjacent bars and all the bars of laterals up to when a shift in trading fractal occurs when in a lateral. Use the criteria (collected as filters) to make functions for each price case for the determination of sentiment. Assemble the functions in the ordinary manner. Name the assembly.

The failsafe mathematics is done by using operators to determine exclusivity of each assembly.. Any periods of non exclusivity simply indicate that nothing is happening. It is very neat to know this all of the time.

I use sentiment to color bars on a chart or an invention that uses the dtat flow.(STR/SQU, for example. It is not a very important thing for making money. But it does keep the mind oriented on a profitmaking segment.

One of the things I like about trading is having an understanding of how the CW simply blows the opportunity to make money in markets.

That's how I do it. I threw in the WHAT is sentiment too.

#26     Jan 5, 2013
  7. Kever

Kever

What trading rules? When to buy and sell?

#27     Jan 5, 2013
  8. if it moves in your favor

you should probably add more

because that's how these trends start

if it moves against you, you should add more, since most of the time the markets turn and don't trend

so as long as you are adding, you are doing just fine

it's when you start subtracting that you may be in trouble

because that indicates undercapitalization

and undercapitalization is the number one reason for failure

it takes a hell of a man to quit while he is ahead

there's a big difference between quitting

and quitting while you are ahead

#28     Jan 5, 2013
  9. Paddler

Paddler

Thanks for the detailed reply.

But I still wonder how your definition helps a trader to monitor the sentiment of the stock symbols in a quotesheet.

Don't we set the color of stock symbols to be determined by the comparison of current price and open price during RTH?

#29     Jan 6, 2013
  10. +1

Nicely said :)

#30     Jan 6, 2013