What are the options for trading on CURRENEX for a retail trader?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by herringtrader, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Nick, I just spoke to Aaron and they will add liquidity providers if you need it.

The Ever Informative VIPER

#21     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Yep, they add liquidity if you need it.

Electric,

If you trade 1 lot EUR/USD with 25 K
    that's only 5:1 leverage, that's not
    insane, scaling is difficult yes but
    not for outright scalping.

#22     Aug 23, 2006
  3. NickBarings,

If I were you I would ask how long they will let a "one lot piker" (I do not mean you) trade Currenex...

Perhaps I am wrong..how would the fills be?

I was told by Mann that I had to trade 5 lots a day in Currenex..(but maybe they gave me an institutional offer) I resolved the issue by saying to myself, that I will just wait and stay where I am at as I need more scaling than my capital allows at one lot per trade.

Michael B.

#23     Aug 23, 2006
  4. Electric, there are no aggregate minimums set by CurreneX. And the minimum size is worked out by the White Label Broker and their liquidity providers, which just may be themselves, in fact there are some White Label Brokers who allow as low as 50,000 units as a trade size minimum. I have not heard of anything lower however.

The Ever Loonie and Euro Weasel eating VIPER

#24     Aug 23, 2006
  5. So how does 1/2 lot look on the Currenex dom? 1/2?

I have never seen what Currenex look like...

#25     Aug 23, 2006
  6. but dont these liquidity providers add 1/2 pip to the Currenex spread...you do not see it on Currenex, but they ding your account?

or maybe Mann has a bad institutional deal..

#26     Aug 23, 2006
  7. Electric, 1/2 lot, never seen one only know they exist, like bigfoot. Liquidity providers ALWAYS make a buck on everything, rebates from fees, is an opinion of some. As far as dinging your account, I have not seen that either, but I guess its possible. More likely, as I heard from the grapevine opinion, it is rebate.

The Ever looking for that 1/2 lot trade VIPER :D

#27     Aug 23, 2006
  8. Electric and Herring, I was told by Aaron that minimum trade size on the CurreneX is 500k. So to answer Electrics size trading comment. Yes someone would have to be crazy to trade this size with $25k. Sorry herring, I got this from the horses, well you know.

Also their other platform is a "hybrid" that becomes dynamic when "there is volatility" I asked if this means that the spreads widen, and there was no concrete answer, just " well you know and so and so and such and such.

So let me get back to my prep for next week

The Ever Truth seeking Viper

#28     Aug 25, 2006
  9. Fellah's,

everybody wants to go direct to the source for the best price. This old axiom, does not apply in the Wild West of Forex.

Not only is the secondary market fragmented and all over the place, so is the primary market.

Until the regulators pull it all together in a regulated standardized quote...there will always be this shadowing, shading, variable spread....etc...

For the NFA to be able to regualte the "GLOBE" would require a "one world" economy with a "one world" leader all agreeing...It aint' gonna happen in this currency world...Besides England will regulate it not the States as England is the biggest player.

There are a lot of opportunities in Retail Spot Forex :) How many of you understand this?

Michael B.

#29     Aug 25, 2006
  10. Electric, well said, this is the hairy, wart covered, bottom line.

VIPER

#30     Aug 25, 2006