What are the most professional automated trading platforms ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Peternam, Apr 8, 2012.

1. januson

januson

I have never seen a professional trading platform and doubt it that such exists for the public.

All those mentioned in this thread are just for playing where 99% will blow up your account, the rest 1% will probably work somewhat profitable most of the time in a semi-automatic manner.

#61     Sep 12, 2012
  2. If you are essentially a retail trader -- as I am -- you will probably end up trading with retail tools. At the point you have system that requires better tools you must either invest in them or stick to something simpler. For my purposes Sierra Charts works fine but I am the furthest thing fom automated.

No one asks what glove to buy to make the major leagues. I'm not suggesting it is a real comparison but make yourself a solid AA ballplayer before you take on Goldman, Miller Tabak et al.

#62     Sep 12, 2012
  3. i had a quick question regarding automating options. it seems everyone is using IB for automating an options strategy. I have a working C# options strategy which I plug at a different brokerage but the fees are just too high. I am looking for a new firm other than IB. Any suggestions? Any options brokerage that has an API interface (automated).

#63     Dec 5, 2012
  4. aaxaa

aaxaa

Few years ago Optionshouse was the only broker that had commissions cheap enough to keep my strategy profitable.

Used to volume 1000+ contracts and pay 10 cents and no flat fee.
    They only had web based trading back then. I think the commission is still not bad.

They have come up with a actual platform, you can check with them if they plan to introduce API.

#64     Jan 23, 2013
  5. Alex27

Alex27

Why is Deltix good becasue it has api links to all the big exchanges and banks like goldman so you can scale easily - thats one of things you pay the 6k a month lol

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    #65     Mar 20, 2016
  6. Alex27

Alex27

Hi Sam, What do you think are the best platform to use out there to keep the logic secret?

I have been looking at Matlab, Sierra Charts and Amibroker as well, what do you think?

The things I have been looking for in a auto trading platform:

SECURITY - Max on execution platform, Backtesting on local machine, VPS server is protected.

BACKTESTING - Fast so we can quickly fine tune, secure so results are not in the cloud.

EXECUTION AND SPEED - Needs to link to decent data like IQ data api and interactive brokers easily and be able to run in the micro seconds and nano seconds for tick level execution.

#66     Mar 20, 2016
  7. What about Multicharts ?

#67     Mar 20, 2016
  8. Alex27

Alex27

ITS BUGGY HAD IT CRASHED A FEW TIMES MC.NET

#68     Mar 20, 2016
  9. Not surprising...it's much newer than the classic version of MC.

#69     Mar 21, 2016