What are the most professional automated trading platforms ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Peternam, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Lornz

Lornz

You should consider becoming a stand-up comedian.

Ignoring the more advanced features and excellent infrastructure: MC, AFAIK, doesn't even have basic spreading capabilities?

I'm done with this thread.

#11     Apr 9, 2012
  2. I know, I know...I had expected them to deliver a blockbuster new release in 7.0, but perhaps it's a "dud" ? It took them forever to get it out the door.

I once saw a comparison of Easy Language vs. C# and the Ninja platform. It took almost 5 times the amount of code to do in Ninja that Tradestation's/MC Easy Language could do.

#12     Apr 9, 2012

3. How easy/difficult it is to learn easy language ?

#13     Apr 10, 2012
  4. sf631

sf631

Can you say more about what this means to users? I've been a user of OpenQuant off and on, have generally been frustrated by the limitations imposed on it (including not being able to call the OQ framework from external DLLs) and have generally gotten the sense that the full power of the framework has been reserved for those subscribing to the QH institutional grade product.

Will this announcement change that situation?

#14     Apr 10, 2012
  5. Exactly! We are back to business...

#15     Apr 10, 2012
  6. Eight

Eight

I've done lots of EZLanguage and C, once you learn C it's much easier and quicker to code up ideas.

#16     Apr 10, 2012
  7. If you've done High School Programming or College Level Programming, it is a breeze, though you'll probably find an easylanguage coder who'll do your work for you but you have to know what works and until that first function's written out you won't ever know anyway.

#17     Apr 11, 2012
  8. +1

Only useful post in this thread.

#18     Apr 14, 2012
  9. Since RTS and ORC are completely new to me, could you be so kind and give some example of what you can do with these platforms that you cannot with Matlab or Multicharts?

thanks!

#19     Apr 14, 2012
  10. I think Sierra Charts offers the most for the best price. Not really sure what you could not accomplish with SC.

Honestly, you will find the best software to perform these operations is proprietary in nature and not for retail use.

#20     Apr 14, 2012