What are the most important things for Technical Analysis?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by iamnewuser911, Jun 14, 2016.

1. %%
    I'm new-user Trender;
    Check out highs[area, not a single point-that i s only known in hindsight] of 52 weeks, lows of 52 weeks- traps happens all the time.NOT a prediction; its not rocket science. But study good trend moves, MUCH more than traps. AS IBD notes all the time use 50 dma, 200 day moving average.WSJ 65 day moving average is loo long for me; maybe it helps sell papers??

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    #31     Jun 20, 2016
  2. MCben

MCben

There are some basic tools of technical analysis. Knowing the use of these tools is the first step to begin studying technical analysis:

1. Trend lines Analysis
    2. charts patterns
    3. Support and Resistance
    4. Forex Indicators

#32     Oct 18, 2016
  3. comagnum

comagnum

I think the most important things in TA is:
    Learn from the founders of classic TA.
    Condider using market profile to fine tune entries, goes well with classic TA.
    Market internals often offer clues that you will net get fom index price action alone.
    Try using week, month, quarter charts to find patterns
    Risk/trade management is much more important than the entry signal.
    Stay adaptable. When the masses got into it in the late 90s the play was to go in the direction of failed pattern breakotuts, a few years later the play was trading in the direction of a pattern failure after a failure in both directions set up first. Now its back to normal.
    TA is a powerful tool in the right hands when sold risk mgmt is applied, it has really paid off for me over the long term.

#33     Oct 18, 2016
    iamnewuser911 likes this.
  4. %%
    Especially monthly, weekly, daily.....................................

#34     Mar 27, 2017
    quickturtle likes this.
  5. ScreenShot001.jpg ScreenShot002.jpg ScreenShot003.jpg Here's what I've evolved to. It has elements of Jesse Livermore pivotal points, Bill Williams and Ichimoku Kinko Hyo.

The One-percenters Daily 6-Months:

Parabolic Time Price (47)

Donchian Channel (20)

Donchian Channel (20)

Price Envelope (13,0.01)

Price Envelope (21,0.01)

Price Envelope (33,0.01)

Price Envelope (52,0.01)

Price Envelope (71.5,0.01)

Price Envelope (91,0.01)

Commodity Channel Index (33,70)

Percentage Price Oscillator (5,13,9)

Percentage Price Oscillator (13,52,33)

#35     May 3, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. And none of it has predictive value.

#36     May 3, 2017
    Trader13 and murray t turtle like this.
  7. The Parabolic SAR 47 and Donchian Channels 20 keep track of the pivotal points. Price Envelopes 13, 21 and 33 are Alligator lips, teeth and jaw. Price Envelopes 52, 71.5 and 91 are Ichimoku Kinko Hyo cloud. CCI 33,70 and the PPOs 5,13,9 and 13,52,33 fill in for Alligator Oscillator, Accelerator Oscillator and Awesome Oscillator.

I tend to screen for extremely low %R and extremely high RSI or else I try to get in on the ground floor near a pivotal point.

#37     May 3, 2017
  8. There is too much excrement in your charts, don't let the useless interfere with the concentration of what really matters, price and volume.

#38     May 3, 2017
  9. RRY16

RRY16

This is the same as throwing Chum in the ocean to attract Sharks if you want MarketSurfer to appear.

#39     May 3, 2017
    Money Trust and themickey like this.
  10. themickey

themickey

Keep it complicated, you need to add more computers with more and larger monitors.
    Also you don't have enough indicators either, over the years I developed quite a number of new ones, I can let you have them - free.
    Forget KISS, I need fodder on the other side of my trades.
    :)

#40     May 3, 2017