What are the legalities of this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dunitlongpole, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hi

Just a quick question...

What are the legalities of setting up a webcam and a screen capture and allowing others to trade along with you as you talk them through it?

How about if I am not trading and just guiding others through the trades I would make?

Now, I know this is probably a really in depth issue with a lot of different factors involved, But I am just talking in general terms...

Thanks alot!

2. Totally legal, what law would you be breaking? You may get your ass sued when they lose money. Why would you do this in the first place? Oh and you cant charge for it

3. Yea, I forgot to mention charging money for it...

4. Who would even pay for that?

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

A ton of people would. I gaurantee you if I was to setup a service like he is talking about, offer it for free for 3 to 4 months, at the end of the period I'd have 200/300 people willing to pay me $200/$250 a month. If your good people will pay for it. It's also legal, there are no problems at all with it.

Brandon

6. If I was consistently profitable, wouldn't people pay?

(I am not saying that I am consistently profitable...yet)

It's like buying signals, but more discretion and interaction is involved

7. A standard disclaimer:

ALL POTENTIAL DAY TRADING ROOM MEMBERS, FREE TRIAL MEMBERS OR GENERAL SUBSCRIBERS MUST READ THIS DISCLAIMER IN ITS ENTIRETY AND AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH. DAY TRADING, OR ONLINE DAY TRADING, CAN BE EXTREMELY RISKY AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR EVERYONE.

Upon submission of a completed application, whether '1 Week Free Trial' subscriber or a 'Subscription Based Service’, (hereafter referred to as, 'MEMBER', 'MEMBERSHIP' or ‘SUBSCRIBER’), or anyone utilizing any information provided in this site, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions set forth.
    The term ‘DAY TRADING ROOM(S)’ refers to a blanket term for all Day Trading Rooms accessible by a registered subscribers successful Log In from our site and will be used hereinafter, as such. The term (‘COMMODITY’ or ‘COMMODITIES’) will be used to refer to futures contracts and/or lots and will be used hereinafter as such, in this page.
    XXXXXXX is an independent web site providing information and real time day trading chat rooms for day trading ‘MEMBERS’, day traders, online trading or momentum traders to share and exchange information on market day trading or online trading related ‘COMMODITIES’, although not limited to the stocks, futures contracts or the Forex markets.
    XXXXXXXX is not offering to buy or sell ‘COMMODITIES’ mentioned in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms and is not representing itself as a registered investment advisor or broker dealer.
    XXXXXX assumes no responsibility for and does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of information, quotes, opinions or advice provided in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms from the staff of XXXXXX or the 'MEMBERS'. All decisions to act upon any suggestions made in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms, whether to buy or sell ‘COMMODITIES’ through online trading, is the sole responsibility of the 'MEMBER'.
    XXXXXX does not guarantee or represent that 'MEMBERS' acting upon any suggestion mentioned or discussed in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms, will result in a profit.
    XXXXXXX does not guarantee performance of 'Futures Trading' or online day trading presented on this site.XXXXXXX or staff may hold positions in various ‘COMMODITIES’ mentioned in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms and are under no obligation to disclose when a ‘COMMODITY’ was acquired, the amount of position held or when a position is closed on any ‘‘COMMODITY’.
    XXXXXXX is not offering any professional services whatsoever and it is recommended that 'MEMBERS' contact a professional advisor, of their choice, prior to undertaking trading ‘COMMODITIES’.
    Day trading education is highly recommended by all potential members, whether a day trader, active trading or swing trader; anyone performing online trading.
    I ( 'MEMBER' ) understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any refund from XXXXXX for whatever reason and that my membership may be terminated by XXXXXXXX in its sole discretion. I understand that I may cancel my membership by the terms set forth on the 'Member Info' page.
    I understand that in the event that I cancel my 'MEMBERSHIP'’ prior to my current subscription period being used up, I am not entitled to any credits for my unused 'MEMBERSHIP' or ‘SUBCRIPTION’ term. In the event I cancel my 'MEMBERSHIP' or ‘SUBCRIPTION’ and I wish to rejoin the site, I understand I will need to reapply to the Service of my choice from the 'Subscribe Now Index' page on this web site.
    Reactivation of a canceled membership is based on the sole discretion of XXXXX and should a 'MEMBERSHIP' reactivation be turned down, XXXXX is under no obligation to provide reasoning for such denial.
    ( 'MEMBER' may hereinafter be referred to as 'I', 'MY' , 'ME', 'YOUR', 'YOU' ) I understand and agree that any and all day trading, online trading or online commodities/future trading decisions are made by ME alone. I accept all responsibility for transactions that occur in MY day trading account with MY broker of choice. Due to the Risk of Loss which can be Substantial when buying or selling ‘COMMODITIES’, YOU should carefully consider YOUR financial condition as to whether trading ‘COMMODITIES’ is in YOUR best interest. I understand that when I buy or sell ‘COMMODITIES’, I can incur a Loss of some if not all ( 100% ) of MY capital, cash and/ or assets I may have pledged to buy ‘COMMODITIES’ through MY broker of choice.
    I understand that XXXXXX is not obligated or responsible for any online trading or online commodities/futures trading activities between ME and MY broker of choice in MY day trading account. I understand there may be times when the Market turns against ME or under certain Market conditions, it may become difficult if not sometimes impossible, for Me to liquidate a position and I take full responsibility should this occur. I understand and agree that, should I buy or sell ‘COMMODITIES’ mentioned in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms, I may experience a profit and I may experience a loss from online trading or online day trading.
    I as a day trader or swing trader through online trading or online commodities/futures trading agree not to hold XXXXXX responsible for MY orders placed, MY orders filled, MY ‘COMMODITIES’’ sold, MY ‘COMMODITIES’ bought, MY profits made or MY losses incurred.
    I understand and agree that day trading ‘COMMODITIES’ can be very profitable or can lead to large losses of MY cash, capital or assets and I agree not to hold XXXX responsible should I experience any losses whether the losses are small or large. I agree and understand that this DISCLAIMER is not implying that these are not the only risks involved in online trading of ‘COMMODITIES’ and it is MY sole responsibility to know, investigate, research and assume all other risks associated with online trading of ‘COMMODITIES’. I understand that results anticipated should not be based on past performance of online trading of ‘COMMODITIES’ or online day trading discussed in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms.
    XXXX will not be held responsible or liable to 'MEMBERS' or any other parties for losses, loss of profits, costs or expenses, loss of use, damages ( whether consequential or incidental ) resulting from any errors in, emissions of or alterations to information, links, downloaded material, or accessed material received while accessing the site. Generally reliable sources used to provide information which is discussed in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms can not be guaranteed for accuracy or validity due to the fact that such companies do not provide a guarantee either.
    XXXXwill not be held liable or responsible for, arising out of use, any investment, online trading, online commodities/futures trading, interpretation or implementation of information on this site. By using this site, there is no warrant that information contained, obtained or utilized is error or defect free or that servers accessed are free of harm or any viruses. YOU agree to be responsible for any and all costs that may occur to your computer and all components.
    YOU agree not to duplicate or solicit any information or material from XXXXX site or the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms without the prior written approval and consent from XXXXXX.
    XXXXXXX operates the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms and YOU assume the entire risk of the online trading or online commodities/futures trading technique YOU practice while day trading or swing trading. Recommendations made in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms, or from should be acted upon by YOU and actions taken are solely YOUR decision and not XXXX.
    XXXXXX recommends all 'MEMBERS' practice Demo Day Trading (day trading without using actual cash, track what you would be buying a ‘COMMODITY’ at and what you would be selling the ‘COMMODITY’ while online trading or online commodities/futures trading at without actually spending or risking your cash) until YOU have found a system that provides a consistent profit; keep in mind, Demo Day Trading is substantially different than actually day trading, online trading or online commodities/futures trading. When Demo Day Trading, YOU will not experience actual market day trading conditions such as but not limited to, fast moving market, unable to have an order filled, market turns against you, etc. When Demo Day Trading, you should deduct approximately 30% of YOUR profit for a more realistic Demo Day Trading profit figure, this percentage is not guaranteed to be the actual result and should not be used to guarantee what YOUR profits will be when actually trading online with YOUR cash, the risk of trading is always YOUR responsibility. Any online trading strategies YOU undertake by utilizing the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms can expose you to risks.
    XXXXXX reserves its right to make adjustments to the Membership and Subscription fees at any time it deems necessary and will make an attempt to notify subscribers of any adjustments but, can not be held responsible if Subscriber does not receive notice.
    XXXXX has a NO TOLERANCE POLICY for hyping trades, abusive or vulgar language, and major disruptions in the 'Day Trading Room' or other Day Trading Chat Rooms and reserves the right to cancel 'MEMBERS' found abusing this policy.
    XXXXXX is not an investment advisor, is not an advisor for stock investing and does not provide investing advice.

8. dunit its not legal. i would tread carefully yuo'd be opening yourself up to legal action.

Brandon ROFLMAO

9. I Think as long as a detailed disclaimer is included, legal action wouldn't be that big of a problem....Why is it illegal though?

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I did it from 1998 until about a year and a half ago. You will get sued, but its a simple enough matter to protect your assets and incorperate offshore, live in the right US juristiction and your peaches and cream.

#10     Aug 28, 2007