What are the largest fortunes ever made by INDEPENDENT traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by travelingtrader, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmst

gmst

Thank you very much. I don't think this trader's deeds have been documented yet in any trading book. But it is definitely one of the best I have heard.

#21     Feb 7, 2012
  2. I haven't talked to him in years, and I am sure he would be ticked to know I am discussing his exploits, but I've not really given anything away. Still lives in the same region in Germany where he was born and raised.

I know he had a ~$500MM fund at some point, but I think he retired from managing OPM. Very traditional family guy.

#22     Feb 7, 2012
  3. did Oanda issue you a 1099 for that LOL!

#23     Feb 7, 2012
  4. I got a 1099 for swap proceeds.

#24     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Not Siva-Jothy, perchance?

#25     Feb 7, 2012
  6. http://fxtrade.oanda.com/trade-forex/fxtrade/box-options

you may find the link interesting, some people (not myself) are really good at pricing this sh&*.

#26     Feb 7, 2012
  7. No, jewish name. Also from INSEAD. The German worked for the guy with the hyphenated name. Hyphen guy left GS after making $80MM one year (more than Blankfein earned).

#27     Feb 7, 2012
  8. gmst

gmst

Actually, I briefly looked at this few months ago, as a way to increase leverage on one of my set-ups, but decided to keep my operation simple as of now. Will surely take a re-look sometime in future.

#28     Feb 7, 2012
  9. mcdull

mcdull

Takashi Kotegawa (aka BNF)

#29     Feb 8, 2012
  10. Out of interest, is it straightforward to trade OTC exotics with a small account?

#30     Feb 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.