What are the Futures symbols?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ANCHOR, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

For Realtick you'll need to put a forward slash in front of the above i.e., /NQP2 or /ESP2

#11     Jul 11, 2002
  2. ZTrader

ZTrader

ESU02.E for S&P
    NQU02.E for DAQ

#12     Jul 11, 2002
  3. lojze

lojze

How is trading NQ futures in comparison to NAS stocks?

As volatile or maybe more?
    As profitable?
    As dangerous or more?

Lojze

#13     Jul 11, 2002
  4. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Chicago Mercantile Exchange
    www.cme.com

S&P E-Mini: ES

Nasdaq E-Mini: NQ

#14     Jul 11, 2002
  5. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

This is good stuff guys, Thanks

#15     Jul 11, 2002
  6. josbarr

josbarr

Sure is good stuff.............kinda like asking someone what time it is and you end up learning how to make a watch.

jbarry@proedgeonline.com

#16     Jul 12, 2002
  7. lojze

lojze

What are they?

ESxxx
    and
    NQxxx

Lojze

#17     Jul 30, 2002
  8. EricP

EricP

Current month: ESU2, NQU2

Next contract which will become most active contract in about a month or so: ESZ2, NQZ2

#18     Jul 30, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

quote services use different symbols for underlying, but the months (current year) are uniform for s&p and other indices.

March= H
    June = M
    Sept.= U
    Dec = Z

#19     Jul 30, 2002
  10. no rs7, es and nq are uniform, but some use hmuz and some use cipt. es is going for the record for the contract with the most symbols. Some use format symbol month 1 digit year. Some use symbol 2 digit year then month. And some make you put little punctuation marks in there. My charts use one symbol and my broker uses another.
    But at any rate, your quote service must subscribe to CME to get any quote on es or nq. The going rate is $10/month for emini. That includes es and nq only. And if you find some charting software you like. Lord help you if you are just trying to subscribe to the e mini package. Most of these chart services haven't caught on. Like e signal. Try to just get e mini. Nope, they will have you signed up for darn near every futures exchange in the world.
    It is very nerve wracking, because you know how it is, you give these vendors your credit card #, and it is a pain once you get signed up to cancel. I've tried to subscribe a couple of times to DTN, and I finally gave up, because I never was sure what I was signing up for. I e mailed them and told them all I wanted was e mini plus cash indexes. And that is another thing. Some will give you S&P and all kinds of other indexes you couldn't care less about, but not the Dow Jones.
    OK, that about covers it for my minor gripes for the day. Now, on to the big stuff. Anybody know which way this market is going?

#20     Jul 30, 2002