What are the downsides to TradeStation?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AcoosticAnt, Jan 5, 2007.

1. money management and portfolio testing are possible with ts8. even some genetic examinations but have forgotten the modul's name.

although expensive it should be the most complete package out there: ts8 and rina system moduls.

http://www.rinafinancial.com/Prices.asp

maybe the best software for performing genetic stuff for a good price is neuroshell trader: http://www.neuroshell.com/

what i like about tradestation are the charting abilities. u can plot an indicator for a still not begun bar for example.

what i dont like is that one isnt able to display quarterly and yearly charts. although i heared it is, but dont know how.

if im wrong, pls correct.

regards

#31     Jan 10, 2007
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

I wired $$$ to TS and will reuse the charting. TS was never a problem in the past for charting. No vender out there is perfect.

Charting is for me no big deal since i just plotted price on the main screen and another screen had price and volume , volume is not important for the decision process of signals, volume is just as a "LOOKBACK" to see if the trade is in the mkt or just on hold as the main players are at the water cooler playing grabass.

Truth be known, tradestation is FINE for charting, multiple screens etc. and since i only trade ES, TS is fine as a backup for order entry. i dropped TS before when TT said they were coming out with X-study. Issues, issues = TT was not ready with x-study yet. So no longer waiting for TT to get charts act together, TS wins for now. NEW year, new plan, new goals, mostly same ideas and signals. TS charts are what they are.

have fun, lets keep this great start to new year rolling. .... :cool: :cool: :)

#32     Jan 10, 2007
  3. Alex

why would I want to trade for others if I can generate more than enough money for myself with this? FWIW I have a few otherss here trading with me (a close friend and a two family members) and I get a cut from their profits. But like the story of the cat and the tiger: I have not told them everything .
    :D :D :D

Maria

#33     Jan 10, 2007
  4. Do you need to backtest reading?

Once a person knows how to read then no testing is required.

Once when one knows how to read the market then no testing is required, same , same.

:D

Maria

PS my third party data vendor has only a week of historical tickdata and the length of the latest contract as historical minute data: if the contract is one month old then I have one month of minute data. There are always ways around this - one can buy historical tickdata (expensive) or get a data converter into TS2000i format and then subscribe to a trial for a week or so and extract the data in that way <wink>.

#34     Jan 10, 2007
  5. aroy3719

aroy3719

Because you'll make more money without doing anything extra.

#35     Jan 12, 2007