What are the chances of assassination on US soil?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Iran will pursue makers of anti-Islam film: vice-president

Published on Sep 17, 2012

Iran's government will "track down" those responsible for making an amateurish film clip mocking the Prophet Mohammad, a senior official said, Iranian media reported on Monday.

The video made in California and posted on YouTube portrayed the Prophet Mohammad as a womanizer and a fool. It has ignited a week of violent protests across the Muslim world.

"The government of the Islamic Republic of Iran condemns ... this inappropriate and offensive action," First Vice-President Mohammad Reza Rahimi said, according to the Mehr news agency.

"Certainly it will search for, track, and pursue this guilty person who ... has insulted 1.5 billion Muslims in the world," he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...akers-anti-islam-film-vice-president-20120917

2. 100%, if you can find a person who doesn't give a shit whether they get caught or not.

3. I read a comment fom a Muslim.

"We don't insult your Jesus, your Moses, is it too much to ask not to insult Mohammed?"

fair statement, imo.

4. There is no rationale for insulting any religion's leaders (though some claim Joseph Smith of the Mormons was a pedophile)...

There is no rationale for murdering innocents in retaliation for insulting religious leaders, regardless.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Didn't the government of Iran condemn and try to track down Salman Rushdie for writing the Satanic Verses back in 1989? How'd that work out for them? They're still on that case, aren't they.

6. It is a fair statment. The problem is they kill people just for disagreeing with them. Fact is, they can insult Jesus and Moses all they like for all I care. It's the killing people every time they feel insulted themselves that's the issue.

7. BSAM

BSAM

What if the USA amended the Constitution and prohibited the practice of islam?

8. Have you ever read a newpaper published in the Middle East? Their papers are full of insults aimed directly at Jews and Christians.

I lived in the ME for six and a half years. In most Muslim countries Jews and Christians are hated or barely tolerated. In many of these countries Jewish temples are specifically outlawed and Christian Churches require special permits that are almost impossible to get. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

To that Muslim I would say: "Go ahead and insult anyone you want. Freedom of speech is more important than Mohammed, Jesus or Moses."

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Muslims would practice it anyway.

10. pspr

pspr

We could just put a bounty of $100 on Muslims. Just like ranchers used to do on vermin that were harming their ranches and cattle.

#10     Sep 17, 2012