What are the best prop firms in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by knowledgebone, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Exactly. I feel sorry for those ticket writing machines who are churning their accounts to death. Especially in this kind of market. Poor inefficient bastards...

#31     Apr 11, 2003
  2. Babak

Babak

No matter how many times I see that pic...I LMAO!!

(thanks guys) :p

#32     Apr 11, 2003
  3. i feel sorry for them too and it's sickening to see the firms and LLCs that encourage that style of trading and charging .01 for people to do that! what's even worse are the firms which really focus their 'trainees' (who risk their own money to pay for losses) on shorting, when you tack on .02 for bullets these firms are making a killing off traders who dont know any better. recently i've been told that some trainees are also prohibited from initating NATURAL SHORTS!!!!! what kind of screwed up rule is that??? rates for that style of trading should be closer to .005 per share all in and .012 for bullets. by not allowing natural shorts, it's obvious all they care about is commissions. that's the most screwed up rule i've ever heard of.

#33     Apr 11, 2003
  4. exactly...I'm a high vol. trader only because it's my style not because of the firm; but when doing high vol. (3-4M+), commission is everything. I traded with a firm at .01 scaled down to .0075 and didn't make much. Found out later you can easily get .005 (prop or retail) at other firms.

#34     Apr 11, 2003
  5. in my opinion, you should keep looking

#35     Apr 11, 2003