What are the best prop firms in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by knowledgebone, Mar 19, 2003.

1. omcate

omcate

:) :D :p :cool:
    :cool: :p :D :)

#21     Mar 20, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys,

Let's see if we can do our best to get this thread back on the topic of What are the best prop firms in NYC. There's another thread already running for all you shillmeisters. Thanks.

#22     Mar 20, 2003
  3. What kind of deal does Generic offer?

#23     Mar 20, 2003

4. You better not be dissing SHILL!!!....Im sending my manager after you!:D

#24     Mar 21, 2003
  5. Hey I interviewed with that guy. Isn't he the head of risk management at Shill?

#25     Mar 27, 2003
  6. rs7

rs7

Case by case. Talk to them and find out. If you have your statements to show you have traded profitably, it will make a huge difference.

Peace,
    :)Rs7

PS: Shill ain't bad.... Tough to get in though.

#26     Mar 27, 2003
  7. #27     Apr 9, 2003

8. This is getting ridiculous........I may have to come clean.......

Im getting PM's by traders asking for a person to speak to, term sheets and a couple have sent me their resume!!!! One is offering to send me his P & L for the last three years!!!!

...maybe i'll just open up a firm after all!!!!:eek: ....I should post some of the responses I've gotten but it could get embarrassing

#28     Apr 9, 2003

9. LMAO....

Hey, you started this thing about this fictious trading firm. I found a link that explains what Shill means (bogus, etc.), and posted it.

Its not surprising that you're getting resumes.

I have long said that to boast about doing 3million shares a month is nothing special. One should be considering how much one is making over $45,000 monthly through more efficient trading whether that results in 150,000 shares a month or 450,000 shares a month. But when someone boasts that they're a "ticket writing machine" I challenge them to the practical question of "who's interests were they serving"?

The point is, when you're trading and creating volume and basically beating the water into a froath, just to break even, and pad the pockets of the trading firm, then what are you getting out of it? Could one not more evenly obtain higer profitability through efficient trading instead of high volume trading?

#29     Apr 9, 2003
  10. dvs

dvs

If you are interested in a NYC Prop Trading Firm, please PM me...

#30     Apr 10, 2003